Looking for the best toothpaste to whiten teeth, strengthen gums, and improve overall oral health? Here’s the best Korean toothpaste that will help you get all that.
Strong teeth and healthy gums make me feel like I can conquer anything in this world. Though I know that a healthy diet, rinsing my mouth regularly, and cutting back on foods and drinks that stain plays a role in my shiny pearls, I’d rather also use a toothpaste that works to my advantage.
Like almost everything in my toiletries list, I prefer Korean toothpastes as well for their efficient function.
While the K-beauty industry is very popular for its skincare products, these Korean toothpastes are also highly sought after! They are gentle on your teeth and gums but strong enough to kill bacteria, remove plaque, and maintain overall oral health.
Here I have reviewed for you the Best Korean Toothpaste you can find.
Best Korean Toothpaste: Quick Summary
|Best Korean Toothpaste||Best Korean Toothpaste for||Price|
|INSAN Bamboo Salt Toothpaste||Bad Breath||$26.95 (Pack of 3)|
|LG Shiringo Bamboo Salt Toothpaste||Sensitive Teeth||$14.75 (Pack of 3)|
|Atomy Propolis ALL Natural Toothpaste||Antibacterial and Antiseptic Care||$11.47 (Pack of 4)|
|Median Advanced Dental IQ Toothpaste||Plaque Care||$13.87|
|PROpolis||Protection & Strengthening||$15.99 (Pack of 2)|
|Median Advanced Tartar Toothpaste||Keeping Away Plaque||$9.90|
|Yecomam Toothpaste||Children||$36.05 (Pack of 3)|
|LG perioe TOTAL7||All Round Protection||$47.80 (Pack of 3)|
Which is the best Korean Toothpaste?
Atomy’s Propolis All Natural Toothpaste is the best Korean toothpaste. Thsi Korean toothpaste contains Bee’s Propolis as the ingredient. It not only cleanses your teeth but also protects it from infection, cavities and plaque as it has antibacterial and antiseptic properties. It also protects gums from forming any infection and reduces inflammation. It costs $11.47 on Amazon for a pack of four.
- Related: Best Korean Face Wash for Dry Skin
- Related: Best Korean Wash off Mask
- Related: Best Korean Gel Cleanser
Top Korean Toothpaste
INSAN Bamboo Salt Toothpaste
Best Korean Toothpaste For Bad Breath
Bamboo Salt is a common ingredient in a lot of Korean Toothpastes. This stems from the age-old practice of Koreans brushing their teeth with salt to keep them clean, act as a natural bleach as well as a natural disinfectant.
Incorporating this into commercially produced toothpaste has been a genius move, and that makes Insan’s Bamboo Salt Toothpaste one of the Best Korean toothpastes in the market. Insan not only contains Bamboo salt but also green tea extracts and natural plant essence to get rid of bad breath.
- Contains 9 times bamboo salt as the main ingredient
- Bamboo salt fights cavities, infections like gingivitis and plaque
- It removes the stain from teeth and gets rid of bad breath
- Strengthens the tooth enamel and prevents receding of the gums
- Also contains green tea and natural plant essence
- Maintains the health of teeth and gums
- Free of flouride
- Free of triclosan
- Good for sensitive teeth
LG Shiringo Bamboo Salt Toothpaste
Best Korean Toothpaste For Sensitive Teeth
LG is one of the most popular brands in Korea for all products related to teeth and gum health. There are several kinds of toothpaste in the LG range, each addressing a different issue.
The Shiringo Bamboo Salt Toothpaste is perfect for sensitive teeth as it contains Bamboo Salt that not only gently cleanses the teeth but also does not trigger sensitivity. It has a refreshing mint flavour and is low on the sweetness, making it perfect to wake up to every morning.
- Has bamboo salt as the primary ingredient
- Keeps plaque, cavities and mouth infections away
- Has a light mint flavour that feels refreshing
- Removes stains from teeth
- Strengthens enamel and gums
- Low sweetness
- Gentle for sensitive teeth and gums
Atomy Propolis All Natural Toothpaste
Best Korean Toothpaste For Antibacterial and Antiseptic Care
You can always trust that anything made by the Koreans is definitely going to be different from the run of the mill Western brands. The same applies to toothpaste as well. As we already know, salt is a common and primary ingredient in many toothpastes, but another popular ingredient is Bee’s Propolis.
A common ingredient in skincare, this forms the active ingredient in Atomy’s Propolis All Natural Toothpaste, protecting your teeth and gums, acting as an antibacterial and antiseptic agent in ensuring that all infections are kept away.
- Contains Bee’s Propolis as the active ingredient
- Propolis is an antibacterial and antiseptic
- Protects the teeth and gums from potential infection
- Keeps away plaque and cavities from forming
- Cleanses the teeth and mouth and leaves it feeling fresh
- Reduces inflammation
- Offers protection and healing
Median Advanced Dental IQ Toothpaste Blue
Best Korean Toothpaste For Plaque Care
Median Advanced has several toothpastes under its umbrella, each one catering to a different issue. Colour coded into different categories, you have the option of choosing one for whitening or for tartar care. However, my pick here is the Blue one.
One of the best Korean toothpastes to keep plaque away is the Blue Median Advanced Dental IQ Toothpaste. It contains antimicrobial properties that keep plaque from forming on your teeth.
- Protects the teeth from plaque formation upto 93%
- This is achieved by the activated antimicrobial properties in the toothpaste
- Controls tartar formation with the inclusion of silica in the ingredients
- Contains a lemony peppermint taste that is refreshing
- Effectively keeps plaque away
Best Korean Toothpaste For Protection & Strengthening
Your toothpaste must contain as many natural ingredients as possible, as this is something that your body will be absorbed through your skin. PROpolis, as is obvious from the name, contains bee’s propolis as the active ingredient that works to protect your teeth and maintain its health. Not only this, but it also contains Xylitol, a miracle ingredient that kills the bad bacteria, keeps away plaque and cavities, and strengthens the teeth.
- Contains Bee’s Propolis as the active ingredient
- The antibacterial properties protect the teeth and gums from infections like gingivitis and periodontitis
- Prevents infection of the gums
- Also contains xylitol
- Kills bacteria that can cause tooth decay
- Strengthens the teeth
- Encourages more calcium absorption by the teeth
- An all rounded toothpaste for protection and strengthening of the teeth and gums
Median Advanced Tartar Toothpaste
Best Korean Toothpaste For Keeping Away Plaque
Another toothpaste from Median is the 86% Advanced Tartar Toothpaste to keep away plaque. One of the original formulations by the brand, this is very popular and widely used by many in Korea.
This toothpaste contains minute scaling granules that gently exfoliate the teeth to remove tartar and stains and keep away plaque. It also contains a rich peppermint flavor to leave you with fresh breath throughout the day
- Contains minute scaling granules
- Effectively removes tartar and scrubs away the surface stains
- Keeps away plaque formation to 86%
- Leaves teeth protected from plaque formation
- Has a rich peppermint flavour blended with lemon, brought about by original herbs
- Leaves teeth whiter and your breath smelling fresh throughout the day
- Effectively removes plaque and tartar and keeps it away
Best Korean Toothpaste For Children
Every leading brand of toothpaste has one specially formulated for children, the reason being, children’s teeth are more sensitive when compared to that of adults.
Children also go through the process of milk teeth falling off and permanent teeth sprouting in their place, and therefore require a lot of care to keep away plaque, cavities, and other dental infections. Yecomam Toothpaste is a gentle toothpaste, yet strong enough to maintain the health of your child’s teeth. It also does not contain fluoride, so it is safe if it is accidentally swallowed.
- Made of 100% natural ingredients
- Contains extracts of rosemary and calendula
- Maintain the health of teeth and gums of babies
- Keeps away plaque and cavities
- Does not allow any infection in the mouth
- Contains Vitamin E and Vitamin B6
- Contains no synthetic additives or harmful heavy metals
- Free of flouride
- Mild and perfect for babies and children
- Has a natural raspberry flavour that is appealing to babies
LG perioe TOTAL7
Best Korean Toothpaste For All Round Protection
Isn’t it the best thing if one toothpaste can take care of all your teeth and gum worries? Plaque, cavities, bad breath, stains and potential infections can all be kept at bay with Lg’s Perioe Total 7. Perfect for even sensitive teeth, The Perioe, short for Periodontal, takes care and maintains the health of your mouth, plus leaves behind fresh breath as a bonus, all day long.
- Contains Vitamin E as one of the active ingredients
- Protects teeth and gums from cavities
- Keeps plaque away
- Removes stains on the teeth with a mild whitening effect
- Protects the gums from infections and diseases
- Strengthens teeth
- Has a mild minty and lemony taste
- Leaves your breath smelling fresh and fragrant all day long
- All rounded protection with a pleasant taste
How to Choose the best Korean Toothpaste:
- Approval Seal: Your toothpaste should have the seal of approval to mark the safety by any dental association. The approved seals are guaranteed and effective.
- Fluoride: Fluoride is the best ingredient to have in your toothpaste and all toothpastes must have it. It helps in maintaining oral health, preventing tooth decay, and plaque removal.
- Ingredients: There are some ingredients good for your oral health while some are not. Ingredients that are good are: potassium nitrate and strontium chloride good for sensitivity. Stannous fluoride and Triclosan is one of the best and the most effective ingredients. SLS is still being studied as it’s good for removing plaque and food particles but also results in ulcer and sensitivity.
- Texture and Flavour: Texture and flavour do matter because it directly comes in contact with the tongue. Choose a flavour that you like the most.
- Dentist Recommendation: Dentists know about your oral health better so make sure you consult your dentist each time you pick a toothpaste in case you’ve some dental issues.
Best Korean Toothpaste: FAQs
Does toothpaste in Korea have fluoride?
Yes, toothpaste in Korea does have fluoride in them. About 97% of people get fluoride from toothpaste in Korea.
Are Korean toothpastes good?
Yes, Korean toothpaste is really good. Most of the Korean toothpastes are low in sweetness and fight dental issues like plaque, cavities, and bad breath effectively. They contain teeth benefitting ingredients like fluoride, potassium nitrate and strontium chloride.
What is Atomy toothpaste?
Atomy toothpaste is a korean toothpaste formulated with propolis and green tea extract leaves that cleans your teeth flawlessly and refreshes it. The ingredient propolis has antimicrobial properties and is extracted from honey beehives.
Is charcoal toothpaste better than regular toothpaste?
Charcoal toothpaste does help in cleaning stains from your teeth but due to limited study there’s no surety about it’s long term use. They’ve gained a lot of popularity in recent years but there’s nothing like it’s more effective than regular toothpaste.
What are the best ingredients to have in your toothpaste?
The best ingredient to have in your toothpaste is definitely fluoride as it helps in maintaining oral health, plaque removal and cavity protection. Ingredients like potassium nitrate and strontium chloride are also good as teeth sensitivity.
My goal is to showcase the creativity and awesomeness of Korea and Korean products. I’m the head writer at bestkoreanproducts.com!