A simple skincare ingredient ‘’rice’’ can do your skin wonders! Here are Korean beauty products with rice. Rice in K-beauty products is a secret ingredient that can change your skin!
A lot of my friends resort to art therapy or cook a meal from scratch when they want to de-stress, but me? I find my safe haven in Korean beauty products. What I love most about this niche in the skincare industry is that there’s a solution to almost every skin problem imaginable.
Thanks to this, I’ve been able to heal my acne and control the oil my skin produces. But the one thing I still work on is hyperpigmentation. Caused by melanin in brown and black skin, this is an uneven tone. So I dug through some of my favorite brands and found that rice of all things is good at combating this.
When I did some research and realized that rice has been used in Asian societies for decades, I was intrigued. It was mainly used to maintain the coveted ‘glass skin’ and brighten the complexion. So without any hesitation, I created a mini routine all consisting of rice-rich products.
- Related: Must-have Korean Beauty Products
- Related: Why Koreans have Beautiful Skin
- Related: Are Korean Beauty products Safe?
Benefits of Rice in Beauty Products
Before we get into detailed reviews of the skincare I bagged, let’s go over what this wonder ingredient can do to your skin. This way, you can gauge whether you can benefit from these products or not.
- The most popular reason rice and its derivatives are used in skincare is for their intense brightening ability. So whether you want to get rid of hyperpigmentation, scars, and uneven skin tone, this grain will come to your rescue.
- Rice water is known to contain antioxidant benefits along with collagen, which team up to help reduce aging signs and protect your skin from the sun. Think of a natural sunscreen and fountain of youth combined in one ingredient!
- Rice and its byproducts can lend a helping hand when you’re struggling with skin issues such as eczema, redness, irritation, and inflammation. It has soothing properties that work towards repairing the barrier.
Best K-Beauty Rice Products: Quick Glance
|Korean beauty products with rice||Product Type||Skin Type Compatibility|
|Beauty of Joseon Radiance Cleansing Balm||Balm||All skin types|
|THANKYOU FARMER Rice Pure Essential Toner||Toner||Normal, dry, and combination|
|I’m from Rice Serum||Serum||All skin types|
|I’m from Rice Cream||Moisturizer||Dry|
|CosRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask||Sleeping Mask||All skin types|
Rice In K-Beauty Products
Beauty of Joseon Radiance Cleansing Balm
I haven’t really used cleansing balms until I came across this one by Beauty of Joseon. Cleansing oils got the job done for me for the most part, but I was afraid of the thick consistency that balms possess. However, the Radiance Cleansing Balm is very mild on the skin, and suited me pretty well.
The ingredient at its forefront is rice bran water, which adds a splash of brightness to the skin and has gradually blurred out my pores over time.
There’s also rice extract and rice bran oil for a wider reach. And its sherbet-like texture glides onto skin beautifully, melting away all the makeup, dirt, and oil after a long day. Whether you use this as the first or second cleansing step, it works like a charm.
I have also begun using this balm when my skin is a little too sensitive because of the lavender and chrysanthemum present.
These elements are great at fighting inflammation, redness, and bacteria—such a lifesaver for my acne-prone skin! You’ll also find fermented soybeans in the formula which claim to soften wrinkles, but I haven’t noticed much of that yet.
Among my favorite things about the Beauty of Joseon balm is that it is formulated with gentle ingredients, and washes off without stripping the skin. There’s also no greasy or sticky residue for you to worry about, so I’m definitely adding this to my routine in the latter half of the year.
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Free of fragrance and essential oils
- No greasy or sticky residue
- Solid yet gentle texture
- Brightens complexion
- Blurs out pores
- Non-stripping feeling
- Might not be very moisturizing, especially for dry skin types
THANKYOU FARMER Rice Pure Essential Toner
There are only a few things in life that excite me more than food, and on the top of this list is a toner that leaves my skin glowing.
What I love about the THANKYOU FARMER product is that it’s a mix between a toner and an essence, which means there’s one less step in your routine!
It has a milky consistency, and I’ve used the toner on pads as a makeshift sheet mask on-the-go, and the results were fabulous.
Not only is the resultant finish absolutely dewy, but the skin also feels super moisturized and soft-to-the-touch afterwards. Apparently it resets the oil-water balance in the skin, leading to an increase in skin vitality.
Of course the complexion gets a radiance boost owing to the special Gyodong rice extract used, which is why I love using this one after all-nighters as it restores life into my skin! The toner is also known to contain centella asiatica, which would explain the soothing feel.
Formulated fragrance-free, this scrumptious potion is a must-have if you shy away from scents. It also makes for a great addition to the routine in the winter months, especially if your skin is parched.
My only word of caution is for acne sufferers as the consistency is on the thicker side and might clog your pores, leading to breakouts.
- Brightens skin tone
- Soothes redness and irritation
- Revives tired skin
- Clears away dead skin
- Gives a dewy finish
- Moisturizes skin
- Resets oil-water balance
- Formulated without fragrance, parabens, and artificial color
- Might not be ideal for acne-prone skin types
I’m from Rice Serum
Now if you’ve already invested in the toner I’ve spoken about earlier you won’t need to get a serum but I’ve heard so much about I’m from that I had to see for myself!
My social media timelines are bombarded with their new releases and I’m not going to lie, their packaging is pretty sleek too.
My main reason for picking out this serum was to target the little bit of hyperpigmentation I still faced around my mouth area. It uses rice embryo and niacinamide which pack a punch to even out the skin tone.
And guess what? The complexion does even out quite quicker than when compared to other products!
The texture of this serum is lightweight and when applied it gives off a very refreshing feeling, perfect for after-shower care. I also noticed some of the rough patches on my skin smoothing out with consistent use.
As it is a gel base, it disappears into the skin and dries quickly without any grease or stickiness piling up. As a fellow oily-skinned gal, I urge you to bring home this cult-favorite rightfully raved-about serum!
- Visibly brightens skin
- Evens out rough texture
- Lightweight gel consistency
- Quick-absorbing and fast-drying
- Suits sensitive skin
- Has a natural fermented smell that some might find slightly off-putting
I’m from Rice Cream
I bought this moisturizer along with the aforementioned serum and had no idea of what I was getting myself into with this brand. But when I beheld the results the serum had to offer, you bet my excitement was through the roof when I opened up this jar of cream.
Its biggest claim is that of barrier repair and that’s what my skin was in need of after having broken out and left behind fresh scars.
The brand mentions that dry skin would benefit most from the cream but its sebum-controlling properties were a charm on my oily skin as well.
41% rice bran essence is used which not only repairs skin that is unbalanced but also adds a dash of brightness that I’m buying all these rice-infused products for!
Okay, so, the texture is dense, but the moisturizer melts into your skin smoothly, all the while leaving it glowing. So if you have oily or combination skin, you might want to figure out when you must use it. I’d say winter nights are a great bet, as the consistency is thick enough to soften skin all over the body.
Ceramides and natural fatty acids abound in this cream that really gave me baby soft cheeks within the first month of use!
- Cruelty-free and vegan
- No artificial fragrance or colors
- Controls sebum production
- Brightens skin tone
- Can be used all over the body
- Gives an illuminating effect
- Strengthens damaged barrier
- Dense, thick, and waxy consistency
CosRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask
I can say with prior experience that CosRX never goes wrong with any of their products. But after using this overnight mask, I think it’d be safe to say that I’m simply obsessed. You can also use this cream in the morning and night as a regular moisturizer or slather it on as the final step for radiance galore.
What delights me the most about this product is that the glow is instant and immediate, and I can’t stop smiling like a fool. You might want to be a little careful though, and let the cream absorb fully as it might transfer onto your sheets. But this said glow only deepens when you wake up the next morning!
Rice combines with niacinamide in this formula that also calms down any irritation that my skin faces in the night. There is also no fragrance, which I absolutely love, as I prefer burning my candles before bed.
The consistency is super silky and lightweight, and glides on like a charm. I can also feel my skin being super moisturized as it feels supple and bouncy the next morning. Definitely a holy grail I’m never letting go of—beauty sleep just got real!
- Hypoallergenic and dermatologist-tested
- Free of fragrance, sulfates, parabens, and phthalates
- Light and silky texture
- Brings on a glow
- Softens and moisturizes skin
- Smooths out inconsistencies
- Takes a while to fully absorb
Guide to Rice in K-Beauty Products
- Consistency: The consistency of the product you’re choosing is oh-so-important for your skin type. Those with oily and combination skin should opt for gel bases or those that are lightweight and silky. Heavier textures that are dense will be suitable for dry skin as they can deeply moisturize the skin.
- Concerns: While rice is known to mainly target hyperpigmentation, you might also be facing other issues you want to take care of. Look for ingredients that target those concerns specifically, such as collagen bases for anti-aging and hyaluronic acid for moisturization.
- Scent: Some rice-laden skincare products are fragrant, while a few are free of any scent, and some have a natural odor due to the inclusion of rice. If you have any sensitivities or intolerances, check for the smell a product gives off before you add it to your routine.
Whether you love digging into a hearty meal of bibimbap or biryani, this star cereal also has uses that extend beyond your tummy. Add some rice-infused products into your regimen and watch hyperpigmentation take the opposite direction!
My goal is to showcase the creativity and awesomeness of Korea and Korean products. I’m the head writer at bestkoreanproducts.com!
Beauty of Joseon Radiance Cleansing Balm
Here are the best rice K Beauty products. Check it out!
Product SKU: 3810741073YGH902371
Product Brand: https://www.amazon.com/stores/BeautyofJoseon/page/F3CC18FE-8850-48E5-A51F-C8C7DD858079
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 19.00
Price Valid Until: 2022
Product In-Stock: InStock