If you think sunscreen is bad for you just because you have oily skin, you’re wrong. Here are top Korean sunscreens for oily skin to keep your skin safe from the harmful UV rays!
Gosh, if you thought dry skin was a pain to deal with, try oily skin! One hour after you wash your face, you see oil dripping down like you just spent the whole day cooking in a hot kitchen.
The struggle is real if you need to step out into the sun, with simply trying to look fresh, for at least a few hours even if not for the whole day.
The scariest part of sunscreens is that most of them make the face oilier. Well, here’s some good news – there are plenty of Korean sunscreens specially formulated for oily skin that keeps the skin fresh while protecting it from the harmful UV rays.
Top Korean Sunscreens for Oily skin — Quick Summary
|Top Korean Sunscreens For Oily Skin||SPF / PA||LINK|
|Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish – Top Korean Sunscreen For Oily Skin||SPF50+ / PA+++||View On Amazon|
|Missha Soft Finish||SPF50+/ PA+++||View On Amazon|
|ETUDE HOUSE Sunprise Mild Watery Light||SPF50+/ PA+++||View On Amazon|
|PURITO Centella Green Level Safe Sun||SPF50+ / PA++++||View On Amazon|
|DABO White Sunblock Cream||SPF50 / PA+++||View On Amazon|
|A’PIEU PURE BLOCK||SPF45 / PA+++||View On Amazon|
|Missha All Around Safe Block Essence||SPF45 / PA+++||View On Amazon|
|DERMALOGY by NEOGENLAB DAY-LIGHT PROTECTION SUNSCREEN||SPF 50+/ PA+++||View On Amazon|
|Innisfree Daily UV Protection||SPF 50+/ PA++++||View On Amazon|
|Earth’s Recipe Waterful Sun Gel||SPF 50+ / PA+++||View On Amazon|
- Related: Best Korean UV Protection
- Related: Best Korean Gel Sunscreen
- Related: Best Korean Oil Cleanser for Oily Skin
- Related: Best Korean Toners for Large Pores
Which is the top Korean sunscreens for oily skin?
We tested over 10+ Korean sunscreens for oily skin based on parameters like SPF and PA ratings, ingredients, formula, application, and ingredients. We found that Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish is the best Korean sunscreen for oily skin
Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish is formulated with aloe and hyaluronic acid that is great for oily skin as it hydrates the skin without making it sticky. Its formulation also includes Carex Humillis Root Extract & Sunflower seeds that are known to protect skin against sun damage.
Best Picks for Top Korean Sunscreens For Oily Skin
- Etude House Sunrprise Mild Airy Finish – Contains 20 plant-based ingredients
- Missha All Around Safe Block Essence – Formulated with double UV barrier
- Innisfree Daily UV Protection – mild sunscreen
Best Korean Sunscreens For Oily Skin
Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish Sunscreen
Top Korean Sunscreens For Oily Skin
The Sunprise Mild Airy Finish by Etude House is packaged in a fun-looking bottle that makes the routine of applying sunscreen not too bad!
With 20 plant-based ingredients, this light and literally airy sunscreen gives your skin amazing protection from the sun. Definitely one of the best Korean sunscreens for oily skin!
- The active ingredients are a blend of 20 plant ingredients that prevent sun damage and strengthen the skin
- Ingredients like aloe and hyaluronic acid hydrate the skin without a sticky and oily finish
- Carex Humillis Root Extract & Sunflower seeds safeguard the skin from UV damage
- Barbados Cherry and Acai Berry extracts strengthen the skin
- Sun protection plus skin strengthening benefits
Check out the top Korean sunscreens by Etude House below!
Missha Soft Finish Sunscreen
The next one on our list of top Korean sunscreens for oily skin is the MISSHA soft finish sunscreen.
Question: What is the one thing that causes sunscreens to fail? The answer: Sweat and water. Missha soft finish forms a layer that continues working even when it gets too hot and humid and you sweat.
- Has a double layered UV barrier that protects the skin even when humidity rises
- Works even under water and when you are sweating
- Non-sticky, light formula that is perfect for oily skin
- Has SPF 50 and PA+++ for extreme sun protection
- Improves your natural skin tone and smoothens the texture
- Sweat proof and water proof sunscreen
Check out top Korean sunscreens for oily skin by MISSHA below!
Related: Best Korean Serum for Oily Skin
ETUDE HOUSE Sunprise Mild Watery Light Sunscreen
The next one on our list of top Korean sunscreens for oily skin is another one by Etude House
Yet another fun surprise from Etude House for your oily skin – The Sunprise Mild Watery Light sunscreen that keeps your skin fresh and safe from the sun’s damage.
- The main ingredients that protect your skin are a mix of aloe vera and hyaluronic acid for soothing your skin and hydrating it, sunflower seed extract for conditioning and strengthening your skin, and portulaca oleracea extracts for fighting damaging and repairing the cells
- Contains SPF 50 and PA+++
- Is light, free of sebum and gets easily absorbed into the skin
- Hydrates and conditions the skin
Check out top Korean sunscreens for oily skin by Etude House below!
PURITO Centella Green Level Safe Sun Sunscreen
The next one on our list of top Korean sunscreens for oily skin is by Purito.
Sun protection is much more than just anti-tanning. A good sunscreen must protect you from UVA rays that can cause skin cancer, burn your skin, increase the melanin production, break down collagen and bring more wrinkles. PURITO Centella Green Level Safe Sun works to protect your skin overall, leaving you with the best version possible. There is also a non-scented version of this sunscreen available if you are allergic to fragrances.
- Contains SPF 50 and PA++++ for maximum protection from both UVA as well as UVB rays
- The active ingredient is Centella Asiatica, a popularly known anti-ageing leaf
- It supplies the skin with plenty of fatty acids, amino acids and beta carotene to build collagen, reduce inflammation, repair cells and increase blood circulation
- An all-round skin protector
Check out top Korean sunscreens for oily skin by PURITO below!
Related: Best Korean Essences
DABO White Sunblock Cream
The next one on our list of top Korean sunscreens for oily skin is the DABO white sunblock cream.
You will love DABO White Sunblock Cream for the way it makes your skin appear after a few weeks of using this. The ingredients in this sunscreen supply your skin with all the essentials to keep your skin healthy and young.
- The active ingredients are a blend of aloe vera, red ginseng, collagen and mulberry bark
- Aloe soothes the skin, gets rid of inflammation and helps sun burns heal
- Red ginseng helps the skin repair itself, nourishes it for regeneration of the cells
- Collagen makes the skin more elastic, tighter and more supple
- Mulberry bark makes the skin fairer by reducing the production of melanin which is triggered by sun exposure
- Contains an SPF of 50 and PA+++ for sun protection
- Makes the skin softer, fairer and more youthful
Check out top Korean sunscreens for oily skin by DABO below!
Related: Best Korean Ampoule
A’PIEU Pure Block Sunscreen
The next one on out list of top Korean sunscreens for oily skin is the A’PIEU Pure Block Daily Sun Cream.
A’Pieu sun block is a little different from the rest of the Korean sunscreens for oily skin. It has a creamy texture that might feel heavy, but in reality, it spreads quickly and gets absorbed in a jiffy. It keeps your skin oil-free and safe from sun damage.
- Contains active ingredients like aloe, orange flower extracts and apple blossoms that hydrate the skin, soothe inflammations, protect the skin barrier and supply it with plenty of antioxidants to fight off damage
- Has an SPF 45 and PA+++ for good protection from UVA and UVB rays
- Oil-free formula that keeps the skin looking fresh and healthy
- A sunscreen with natural ingredients that nourish the skin
Check out top Korean sunscreens for oily skin by APIEU below!
Missha All Around Safe Block Essence
The next one on our list of top Korean sunscreens for oily skin is another great option from MISSHA!
The harsh sun’s rays can dry the skin even while you see it all oily on the surface. For this you need something like Missha’s All Around Safe Block Essence that hydrates your skin while safeguarding it from damage.
- Contains Thaneka extracts and Antozone-Rose bud extracts to protect the skin barrier from damage
- Has a blend of Oriental tea newplex and 6 essence complex to hydrate the skin and nourish it inside out
- Is a light, non-sticky formula
- Sweat and water proof. Has a double UV barrier that protects and cools the skin even when the humidity level rises
- Sweat proof and water proof formula that also hydrates the skin
Check out top Korean sunscreens for oily skin by MISSHA below!
Related: Deep cleanse your skin with these gentle Korean exfoliators. Check it out!
DERMALOGY by NEOGENLAB DAY-LIGHT PROTECTION SUNSCREEN
The next one on our list of top Korean sunscreens for oily skin is by a popular Korean brand Dermalogy.
The Dermalogy by Neogenlab Day-light Protection Sunscreen is supposedly meant for all types of skin, and I find that it works really well for oily skin by hydrating it just right while it protects from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Lightweight, quick absorption, with SPF 50 and PA+++
- Contains natural ingredients like rose and raspberry extracts that add antioxidants to the skin to fight damage and repair skin cells
- Contains honey which is a wonderful moisturiser, a natural bleach that detans the skin and also encourages the regeneration of cells for skin repair
- Gives the skin a subtle, dewy glow and smoothens the texture
- Hydrating sunscreen that won’t make your skin greasy
Check out top Korean sunscreens for oily skin by Neogenlab below!
Related: Top Korean Moisturizer for Oily Skin
Innisfree Daily UV Protection
The next one on our list of top Korean sunscreens for oily skin is by Innisfree which is an extremely popular brand, not only in Korean but around the world too!!
The Daily UV Protection from Innisfree is a quick-absorbing sunscreen that leaves your skin soft and smooth with no signs of that greasy texture we hate. It also gives your skin a dewy glow and works well under makeup.
- Contains SPF 50+ and PA++++ for high protection from the sun’s UVA and UVB rays
- Spreads easily and gets absorbed very quickly
- Leaves your skin soft and with a honey glow
- Does not make your skin greasy
- Good sun protection for oily skin
Check out top Korean sunscreens for oily skin by Innisfree below!
Earth’s Recipe Waterful Sun Gel
The next one on our list of top Korean sunscreens for oily skin is by Earth’s Recipe.
One woe of oily skin is that using a moisturizer plus a sunscreen sometimes becomes very heavy on the skin. What if you found a sunscreen that also acted as a good moisturizer without making it feel too heavy on your skin? Earth’s Recipe Waterful Sun Gel is simply perfect as this is a superb light and spreadable serum that hydrates your skin while also giving it the sun protection it needs.
- Hypo allergenic, light weight and mild formula
- Is an effective serum that penetrates your skin and hydrates it
- Does not clog the pores
- Has an SPF of 50 and PA+++
- Very refreshing fragrance
- Acts as a good serum too that moisturises your skin
Check out top Korean sunscreens for oily skin by Earth’s Recipe below!
Missha Aqua Sunscreen
I love this next one on list of top Korean sunscreens for oily skin!
A lot of sunscreens, especially the Western manufactured ones leave that white film on your face which is quite unpleasant. Korean sunscreens like the Missha Aqua are water based, which makes them light and easily absorbable. Not only the way it looks on your face, but also the benefits it offers makes this one of the best Korean sunscreens you can get for your oily skin.
- Made from glacial water that cools and soothes the skin
- Hydrates the skin without making it oily
- Oriental Tea Newplex protects the skin, repairs and rejuvenates it
- Medium sun protection with SPF 30 and PA++
- Protects from sun damage and refreshes the skin
Check out top Korean sunscreens for oily skin by MISSHA below!
The Face Shop Natural Sun Eco Sunscreen
The next one on our list of top Korean sunscreens for oily skin is by The Face Shop!
The Face Shop Natural Sun Eco is not only an oil-free sunscreen, but also contains ingredients that absorb excess sebum produced in your skin so that your face looks fresh till the end of the day. Now that is something every person with oily skin dreams of!
- The active ingredients are cotton seed and chia seeds which are known for absorbing sebum
- Gives your skin a fresh look without an oily shine
- Contains SPF 50 and PA+++ for the best sun protection
- Hydrates the skin to keep it healthy
- Absorbs excess sebum produced to keep your skin looking fresh
Check out top Korean sunscreens for oily skin by The Face Shop below!
Dr G Brightening up Sun Cream
The next one on our list of top Korean sunscreens for oily skin is the Dr G Brightening up Sun Cream.
What I love about Korean skincare products is they all look at nourishing your skin inside out. Which means, your skin gets added benefits through just one or two products. Dr G Brightening up Sun Cream does the amazing job of giving your skin plenty of antioxidants while also brightening the tone.
- Contains antioxidants that fight free-radical damage and keep the skin from ageing
- The tannin complex controls the production of sebum, helping skin feel oil-free and fresh
- Soothes the skin, preventing redness, inflammation and sunburn
- Contains SPF 50 and PA+++ for optimum protection from the sun’s rays
- Brightens the skin and nourishes with antioxidants
Check out top Korean sunscreens for oily skin by Dr G below!
Dr. Jart+ Every Sun Day Sunscreen
The next one on our list of top Korean sunscreens for oily skin is by a very popular Korean beauty brand called Dr Jart+.
You can call Dr.Jart+ Every Sun Day and all in one, sun block plus beauty cream, thanks to its colour correcting properties. This isn’t something you find very often in many sunscreens. The light pinkish beige tone helps even out the skin tone and reduces the need for more makeup on your skin.
- Not only protects skin but also corrects the skin tone
- Brightens your skin
- Contains a high Sun protection factor of 50 and PA+++
- Soothes and moisturises the skin
- Colour correcting formula
Check out top Korean sunscreens for oily skin by Dr Jart+ below!
MAKEP:REM UV Defense Me
We’ve reached the end of our list of top Korean sunscreens for oily skin with this sunscreen by MAKEP:REM.
The packaging of MAKEP:REM UV Defense Me says this is a “blue-ray” sun fluid, which, I agree, sounds very hi-fi technical. Well you know what? This sunscreen is actually formulated using innovative technology that cools down your skin. Like literally, lowers the temperature of your skin, so that you don’t sweat as much, don’t get heat breakouts and inflammation or redness.
- Contains the highest level of UVA protection at PA++++
- Has an SPF of 50 that protects your skin from UVB rays
- Has a reflective barrier that keeps the heat away, helping lower your skin’s temperature
- Probably the only sunscreen formula that lowers the temperature of your skin
Check out top Korean sunscreens for oily skin by MAKEP:REM below!
How to Choose the best Korean Sunscreens for Oily Skin?
Choosing the right skincare product for oily skin is never easy. So here are some tips when choosing the best Korean sunscreen for your skin.
#1 — Understand what’s UVA, UVB, SPF, and PA:
Before you choose amongst the top Korean sunscreens for oily skin you have to understand UVA, SPF, PA, and UVB so you can choose the right product for your skin.
UVA and UVB refer to harmful rays of the sun. UVA rays cause premature skin aging and UVB rays cause sunburn, tan, pigmentation. SPF is Sun Protection Factor. SPF denotes how much protection the sunscreen can offer against UVB rays. PA refers to Protection Grade and + sign refers to the level of protection it can provide against the UVA rays.
American sunscreens usually offer SPF protection which only protects against the UVB rays. Whereas Korean sunscreens also provide protection against UVA rays.
If you’re exposed to sun for more than 5-6 hours then get a Korean sunscreen for SPF50+ and PA++++. If the only time you’re exposed to sun is when you go to the supermarket then opting for a sunscreen with SPF30 to SPF 45 and PA+++ is enough.
#2 — Consistency of Korean Sunscreen
Check the consistency of the Korean sunscreen. This is extremely important especially for oily skin. The consistency of the Korean sunscreen should be light. And it should definitely not make your skin greasy. Gel-based Korean sunscreens are perfect for oily skin type. They’re light and easily absorbed. UV sprays and water-based sunscreen lotion are also great options for oily skin.
If you’re not sure about the consistency (if you’re buying online), you can check out the reviews to find out what’s the consistency of the Korean sunscreen.
#3 — Water-resistance
You want to opt for a Korean sunscreen that’s resistant to sweat and water. If you have oily skin, you may have observed that your skin tends to get oily and sweaty very quickly when you’re out or doing some activity. Water-resistant sunscreens will make sure that the sunscreen adheres to your skin even when you’re sweating. Plus, it’s great for you want to go swimming!
#4 — Ingredients
It goes without saying that you need to check the ingredients on the sunscreen. If you see any ingredient that you may be allergic to then ditch it. If you’re not sure what the ingredient is then google it. For those with oily skin, make sure that the sunscreen doesn’t contain an pore-clogging ingredients that may cause acne breakout. Best is to choose Korean sunscreens with oil-free formula.
Always do a patch test before you use a new product. Apply a little bit of the product on your arm and wait for 48 hours at least. If you don’t see any reaction then you can apply the sunscreen. If you see any skin irritation, rashes, redness then it probably doesn’t suit your skin.
Korean Sunscreens Vs Western Sunscreens
A huge advantage of Korean sunscreens is that they are so much lighter and easier to spread than Western sunscreens. This by itself makes them more favorable. Secondly, they indicate the PA+ level which measures the UVA protection while most Western sunscreens only give you the SPF which indicates the UVB protection.
Things to Consider When Buying top Korean Sunscreens for oily skin
- Choose a sunscreen depending on your lifestyle. If you wear makeup on a daily basis then choose a sunscreen that can be easily worn underneath your makeup without making it look cakey. If you sweat a lot or go swimming often then choose a water-proof sunscreen
- Choose a sunscreen based on your skin type. For oily skin type, gel-based, spray, and water-based sunscreens are great options. Make sure that there no ingredients that may clog your pores. This can lead to a breakout.
- Make sure to check the manufacturing and the expiry date before purchasing the sunscreen
- If you’re going to be out for long hours then choose a sunscreen with higher SPF and PA ratings.
Tips for applying Korean sunscreen
- When applying sunscreen, to ensure that you apply the right amount – a good measurement is 1/4 tsp of sunscreen for face and ears and another 1/4 tsp of sunscreen for your neck.
- 3 finger length of sunscreen equals to about 1/4 tsp of sunscreen.
- Reapply sunscreen at least twice through the day
- If you’re going to outside for long hours in the sun or water then reapply sunscreen every 2 hours
- If you’re going to be indoors most of the day, it’s still best to apply sunscreen. But a lighter sunscreen with SPF 30 to 45 should suffice.
Top Korean Sunscreens For Oily Skin: FAQs
What is PA+++ in Korean Sunscreens?
PA tells you the level of protection from UVA rays. You will find Korean Sunscreens with PA levels ranging from + to ++++. The higher the number of ++, the higher the protection.
Is SPF 100 Too Much?
SPF 100 is definitely too much for your skin. It’s best to choose a sunscreen with an SPF between 30 – 50. SPF 100 may seem like it can provide much better protection from the sun but in reality it’s only slightly better than SPF 50. A sunscreen with SPF 15 – 50 is better suited for the skin.
Do I Really Need To Reapply Sunscreen Every 2 Hours?
It’s extremely important to reapply your sunscreen every 2 to 3 hours. Your sunscreen can’t protect you from the sun all day long, no matter how high the SPF. The sunscreen can rub off or simply melt along with your sweat or water. Which is why it’s best reapply sunscreen every 2 – 3 hours. If you’re mostly indoors and away from direct sunlight then you don’t have to re apply sunscreen
How and when to apply sunscreen?
You have to apply sunscreen every day. While it is important to apply sunscreen to exposed skin, it’s best to apply sunscreen to your entire body. Apply sunscreen at least 20 minutes before you step out for maximum protection. If you’re applying makeup, put on your sunscreen underneath your makeup.
My goal is to showcase the creativity and awesomeness of Korea and Korean products. I’m the head writer at bestkoreanproducts.com!