If you think sunscreen is bad for you just because you have oily skin, you’re wrong. Every skin type needs sunscreen and here are some top Korean sunscreens for oily skin to keep your skin safe from the harmful UV rays!
Gosh, if you thought dry skin was a pain to deal with, try oily skin! One hour after you wash your face, you see oil dripping down like you just spent the whole day cooking in a hot kitchen.
The struggle is real if you need to step out into the sun, with simply trying to look fresh, for at least a few hours even if not for the whole day.
How and when to apply sunscreen?
You have to apply sunscreen every day. While it is important to apply sunscreen to exposed skin, it’s best to apply sunscreen to your entire body. Apply sunscreen at least 20 minutes before you step out for maximum protection. If you’re applying makeup, put on your sunscreen underneath your makeup.
The scariest part of sunscreens is that most of them make the face oilier. Well, here’s some good news – there are plenty of Korean sunscreens specially formulated for oily skin that keeps the skin fresh while protecting it from the harmful UV rays.
Which is the best Korean sunscreen for oily skin?
We tested over 10+ Korean sunscreens for oily skin based on parameters like SPF and PA ratings, ingredients, formula, application, and ingredients. We found that Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish is the best Korean sunscreen for oily skin
Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish is formulated with 20 plant ingredients that not protect the skin from sun damage but also strengthen the skin. The formulation also includes aloe and hyaluronic acid that is great for oily skin as it hydrates the skin without making it sticky. Its formulation also includes Carex Humillis Root Extract & Sunflower seeds that are known to protect skin against sun damage. Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish is available on Amazon and costs $9.50 for 55ml bottle.
Top Picks for Top Korean Sunscreens For Oily Skin
- Etude House Sunrprise Mild Airy Finish – Contains 20 plant-based ingredients
- Missha All Around Safe Block Essence – Formulated with double UV barrier
- Innisfree Daily UV Protection – mild sunscreen
- Best Korean Sunscreens For Oily Skin
- Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish Sunscreen
- Missha Soft Finish Sunscreen
- ETUDE HOUSE Sunprise Mild Watery Light Sunscreen
- PURITO Centella Green Level Safe Sun Sunscreen
- DABO White Sunblock Cream
- A’PIEU Pure Block Sunscreen
- Missha All Around Safe Block Essence
- DERMALOGY by NEOGENLAB DAY-LIGHT PROTECTION SUNSCREEN
- Innisfree Daily UV Protection
- Earth’s Recipe Waterful Sun Gel
- Missha Aqua Sunscreen
- The Face Shop Natural Sun Eco Sunscreen
- Dr G Brightening up Sun Cream
- Dr. Jart+ Every Sun Day Sunscreen
- MAKEP:REM UV Defense Me
Best Korean Sunscreens For Oily Skin
|Top Korean Sunscreens For Oily Skin||Price||LINK|
|Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish – Top Korean Sunscreen For Oily Skin||$10.50||View On Amazon|
|Missha Soft Finish||$22.00||View On Amazon|
|ETUDE HOUSE Sunprise Mild Watery Light||$10.00||View On Amazon|
|PURITO Centella Green Level Safe Sun||$15.90||View On Amazon|
|DABO White Sunblock Cream||$10.69||View On Amazon|
|A’PIEU PURE BLOCK||$7.00||View On Amazon|
|Missha All Around Safe Block Essence||$14.00||View On Amazon|
|DERMALOGY by NEOGENLAB DAY-LIGHT PROTECTION SUNSCREEN||$29.00||View On Amazon|
|Innisfree Daily UV Protection||$14.55||View On Amazon|
|Earth’s Recipe Waterful Sun Gel||$24.00||View On Amazon|
|Missha Aqua||$12.00||View On Amazon|
|The Face Shop Natural Sun Eco||$22.00||View On Amazon|
|Dr G Brightening up Sun||$18.90||View On Amazon|
|Dr.Jart+ Every Sun Day||$29.80||View On Amazon|
|MAKEP:REM UV Defense Me||$37.99||View On Amazon|
Korean Sunscreens Vs Western Sunscreens
A huge advantage of Korean sunscreens is that they are so much lighter and easier to spread than Western sunscreens. This by itself makes them more favorable. Secondly, they indicate the PA+ level which measures the UVA protection while most Western sunscreens only give you the SPF which indicates the UVB protection.
Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish Sunscreen
Top Korean Sunscreens For Oily Skin
The Sunprise Mild Airy Finish by Etude House is packaged in a fun-looking bottle that makes the routine of applying sunscreen not too bad!
With 20 plant-based ingredients, this light and literally airy sunscreen gives your skin amazing protection from the sun. Definitely one of the best Korean sunscreens for oily skin!
- The active ingredients are a blend of 20 plant ingredients that prevent sun damage and strengthen the skin
- Ingredients like aloe and hyaluronic acid hydrate the skin without a sticky and oily finish
- Carex Humillis Root Extract & Sunflower seeds safeguard the skin from UV damage
- Barbados Cherry and Acai Berry extracts strengthen the skin
- Sun protection plus skin strengthening benefits
Missha Soft Finish Sunscreen
Question: What is the one thing that causes sunscreens to fail? The answer: Sweat and water. Missha soft finish forms a layer that continues working even when it gets too hot and humid and you sweat.
- Has a double layered UV barrier that protects the skin even when humidity rises
- Works even under water and when you are sweating
- Non-sticky, light formula that is perfect for oily skin
- Has SPF 50 and PA+++ for extreme sun protection
- Improves your natural skin tone and smoothens the texture
- Sweat proof and water proof sunscreen
ETUDE HOUSE Sunprise Mild Watery Light Sunscreen
Yet another fun surprise from Etude House for your oily skin – The Sunprise Mild Watery Light sunscreen that keeps your skin fresh and safe from the sun’s damage.
- The main ingredients that protect your skin are a mix of aloe vera and hyaluronic acid for soothing your skin and hydrating it, sunflower seed extract for conditioning and strengthening your skin, and portulaca oleracea extracts for fighting damaging and repairing the cells
- Contains SPF 50 and PA+++
- Is light, free of sebum and gets easily absorbed into the skin
- Hydrates and conditions the skin
PURITO Centella Green Level Safe Sun Sunscreen
Sun protection is much more than just anti-tanning. A good sunscreen must protect you from UVA rays that can cause skin cancer, burn your skin, increase the melanin production, break down collagen and bring more wrinkles. PURITO Centella Green Level Safe Sun works to protect your skin overall, leaving you with the best version possible. There is also a non-scented version of this sunscreen available if you are allergic to fragrances.
- Contains SPF 50 and PA++++ for maximum protection from both UVA as well as UVB rays
- The active ingredient is Centella Asiatica, a popularly known anti-ageing leaf
- It supplies the skin with plenty of fatty acids, amino acids and beta carotene to build collagen, reduce inflammation, repair cells and increase blood circulation
- An all-round skin protector
DABO White Sunblock Cream
You will love DABO White Sunblock Cream for the way it makes your skin appear after a few weeks of using this. The ingredients in this sunscreen supply your skin with all the essentials to keep your skin healthy and young.
- The active ingredients are a blend of aloe vera, red ginseng, collagen and mulberry bark
- Aloe soothes the skin, gets rid of inflammation and helps sun burns heal
- Red ginseng helps the skin repair itself, nourishes it for regeneration of the cells
- Collagen makes the skin more elastic, tighter and more supple
- Mulberry bark makes the skin fairer by reducing the production of melanin which is triggered by sun exposure
- Contains an SPF of 50 and PA+++ for sun protection
- Makes the skin softer, fairer and more youthful
A’PIEU Pure Block Sunscreen
A’Pieu sun block is a little different from the rest of the Korean sunscreens for oily skin. It has a creamy texture that might feel heavy, but in reality, it spreads quickly and gets absorbed in a jiffy. It keeps your skin oil-free and safe from sun damage.
- Contains active ingredients like aloe, orange flower extracts and apple blossoms that hydrate the skin, soothe inflammations, protect the skin barrier and supply it with plenty of antioxidants to fight off damage
- Has an SPF 45 and PA+++ for good protection from UVA and UVB rays
- Oil-free formula that keeps the skin looking fresh and healthy
- A sunscreen with natural ingredients that nourish the skin
Missha All Around Safe Block Essence
The harsh sun’s rays can dry the skin even while you see it all oily on the surface. For this you need something like Missha’s All Around Safe Block Essence that hydrates your skin while safeguarding it from damage.
- Contains Thaneka extracts and Antozone-Rose bud extracts to protect the skin barrier from damage
- Has a blend of Oriental tea newplex and 6 essence complex to hydrate the skin and nourish it inside out
- Is a light, non-sticky formula
- Sweat and water proof. Has a double UV barrier that protects and cools the skin even when the humidity level rises
- Sweat proof and water proof formula that also hydrates the skin
DERMALOGY by NEOGENLAB DAY-LIGHT PROTECTION SUNSCREEN
The Dermalogy by Neogenlab Day-light Protection Sunscreen is supposedly meant for all types of skin, and I find that it works really well for oily skin by hydrating it just right while it protects from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Lightweight, quick absorption, with SPF 50 and PA+++
- Contains natural ingredients like rose and raspberry extracts that add antioxidants to the skin to fight damage and repair skin cells
- Contains honey which is a wonderful moisturiser, a natural bleach that detans the skin and also encourages the regeneration of cells for skin repair
- Gives the skin a subtle, dewy glow and smoothens the texture
- Hydrating sunscreen that won’t make your skin greasy
Innisfree Daily UV Protection
The Daily UV Protection from Innisfree is a quick-absorbing sunscreen that leaves your skin soft and smooth with no signs of that greasy texture we hate. It also gives your skin a dewy glow and works well under makeup.
- Contains SPF 50+ and PA++++ for high protection from the sun’s UVA and UVB rays
- Spreads easily and gets absorbed very quickly
- Leaves your skin soft and with a honey glow
- Does not make your skin greasy
- Good sun protection for oily skin
Earth’s Recipe Waterful Sun Gel
One woe of oily skin is that using a moisturizer plus a sunscreen sometimes becomes very heavy on the skin. What if you found a sunscreen that also acted as a good moisturizer without making it feel too heavy on your skin? Earth’s Recipe Waterful Sun Gel is simply perfect as this is a superb light and spreadable serum that hydrates your skin while also giving it the sun protection it needs.
- Hypo allergenic, light weight and mild formula
- Is an effective serum that penetrates your skin and hydrates it
- Does not clog the pores
- Has an SPF of 50 and PA+++
- Very refreshing fragrance
- Acts as a good serum too that moisturises your skin
Missha Aqua Sunscreen
A lot of sunscreens, especially the Western manufactured ones leave that white film on your face which is quite unpleasant. Korean sunscreens like the Missha Aqua are water based, which makes them light and easily absorbable. Not only the way it looks on your face, but also the benefits it offers makes this one of the best Korean sunscreens you can get for your oily skin.
- Made from glacial water that cools and soothes the skin
- Hydrates the skin without making it oily
- Oriental Tea Newplex protects the skin, repairs and rejuvenates it
- Medium sun protection with SPF 30 and PA++
- Protects from sun damage and refreshes the skin
The Face Shop Natural Sun Eco Sunscreen
The Face Shop Natural Sun Eco is not only an oil-free sunscreen, but also contains ingredients that absorb excess sebum produced in your skin so that your face looks fresh till the end of the day. Now that is something every person with oily skin dreams of!
- The active ingredients are cotton seed and chia seeds which are known for absorbing sebum
- Gives your skin a fresh look without an oily shine
- Contains SPF 50 and PA+++ for the best sun protection
- Hydrates the skin to keep it healthy
- Absorbs excess sebum produced to keep your skin looking fresh
Dr G Brightening up Sun Cream
What I love about Korean skincare products is they all look at nourishing your skin inside out. Which means, your skin gets added benefits through just one or two products. Dr G Brightening up Sun Cream does the amazing job of giving your skin plenty of antioxidants while also brightening the tone.
- Contains antioxidants that fight free-radical damage and keep the skin from ageing
- The tannin complex controls the production of sebum, helping skin feel oil-free and fresh
- Soothes the skin, preventing redness, inflammation and sunburn
- Contains SPF 50 and PA+++ for optimum protection from the sun’s rays
- Brightens the skin and nourishes with antioxidants
Dr. Jart+ Every Sun Day Sunscreen
You can call Dr.Jart+ Every Sun Day and all in one, sun block plus beauty cream, thanks to its colour correcting properties. This isn’t something you find very often in many sunscreens. The light pinkish beige tone helps even out the skin tone and reduces the need for more makeup on your skin.
- Not only protects skin but also corrects the skin tone
- Brightens your skin
- Contains a high Sun protection factor of 50 and PA+++
- Soothes and moisturises the skin
- Colour correcting formula
MAKEP:REM UV Defense Me
The packaging of MAKEP:REM UV Defense Me says this is a “blue-ray” sun fluid, which, I agree, sounds very hi-fi technical. Well you know what? This sunscreen is actually formulated using innovative technology that cools down your skin. Like literally, lowers the temperature of your skin, so that you don’t sweat as much, don’t get heat breakouts and inflammation or redness.
- Contains the highest level of UVA protection at PA++++
- Has an SPF of 50 that protects your skin from UVB rays
- Has a reflective barrier that keeps the heat away, helping lower your skin’s temperature
- Probably the only sunscreen formula that lowers the temperature of your skin
#1 — What is the best Korean Sunscreen for oily skin?
Etude House Sunrprise Mild Airy Finish is the best Korean Korean sunscreen for oily skin as it contains 20 plant-based ingredients. Another best Korean sunscreen for oily skin is the Missha All Around Safe Block Essence as it is formulated with double UV barrier. Innisfree Daily UV Protection is a mild sunscreen and is one of the best Korean sunscreens for oily skn!
#2 — What is PA+++ in Korean Sunscreens?
PA tells you the level of protection from UVA rays. You will find Korean Sunscreens with PA levels ranging from + to ++++. The higher the number of ++, the higher the protection.
#3 — How to Choose the top Korean Sunscreen for Oily Skin?
Korean sunscreens that are designed for oily skin are light in texture. Choose a sunscreen that is oil-free so that your skin stays fresh. Opt for Korean sunscreens that contain ZInc oxide and titanium oxide and one that doesn’t contain oils. One huge issue with oily skin is the possibility of breakouts and acne. The sunscreen you apply should be non-comedogenic so that it does not clog the pores.
- Check out top Korean CC creams for younger-looking skin and cover up blemishes and age spots
- Get the best out of your skincare products with these best Korean toners for sensitive skin
- Cleanse the dirt and grime away with these best Korean cleansing foams!
Best Korean Sunscreens for Oily skin
Sunscreens make your skin breakout? Here are top Korean sunscreens specially formulated for oily skin. Check it out!
Product SKU: 000987YHG656
Product Brand: Etude House
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 10.50
Price Valid Until: 2021
Product In Stock: https://schema.org/InStock