Troubled with stubborn skin concerns like acne and pigmentation? It’s time you introduce one of these best Korean ampoules to your skincare regimen.
I have dry, sensitive skin, so I religiously use the COSRx Propolis light ampoule and the results are visible. My skin feels and looks smooth, hydrated, and healthy.
When it comes to choosing an ampoule, it’s extremely important that you choose one depending on your skin type and skin concern because ampoules are highly concentrated. And K-beauty industry formulates its skincare products to target specific skin concerns or maintain specific skin types.
Best Korean Ampoule: Quick Summary
|Best Korean Ampoule||Best For|
|MISSHA Time Revolution Night Repair Probio Ampoule||Anti-ageing|
|Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule||Deep Hydration & Skin Repair|
|Mizon Night Repair Ampoule||Anti-ageing & Skin Recovery|
|Mizon Real Vitamin C Ampoule||Skin Brightening|
|COSRX Propolis Light Ampule||Sensitive & Acne Prone Skin|
|Tosowoong Propolis Sparkle Ampoule||Healing Sensitive Skin|
|TONYMOLY Vital Vita 12 Ampoule||Skin Brightening And Hyperpigmentation|
|Innisfree Ginger Honey Ampoule||Dry Skin|
|THE FACE SHOP Dr.Belmeur Cica Peptide Ampoule||Healing And Revitalising The Skin|
|MAKEP:REM Safe me. Relief Moisture Green Ampoule||Sensitive Skin|
Read on for the reviews of the best Korean ampoules:
Top Picks For Best Korean Ampoules
- MISSHA Time Revolution Night Repair Probio Ampoule – Reverses signs of aging
- Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule – Repairs damaged skin
- COSRX Propolis Light Ampule – Recommended for sensitive skin
Korean Ampoule Serum
What type of ingredients should I look for in Korean ampoules?
When it comes to Korean ampoules, there are a plethora of powerful ingredients to look out for. Whether it’s the notorious snail mucin, collagen, or centella asiatica, these ampoules will brighten and boost your complexion.
When shopping for the perfect Korean ampoule, read the ingredient labels carefully and seek out ones that will work best for your skin.
Snail mucin is a powerful ingredient that helps to attract and trap moisture in the skin, promoting a more youthful and glowing complexion; plus it helps to repair skin damage and reduce redness.
Hyaluronic acid is another useful ingredient for locking in moisture—a must for all skin types. Collagen is an anti-aging formula which fills out wrinkles and firms the skin. Plus, you can also find ampoules containing antioxidants, like green tea, which help to fight free radicals that can damage the skin.
Centella asiatica extract is packed with anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce inflammation and redness while simultaneously reducing the appearance of acne scars. The extract is also known to promote wound healing and protect skin from environmental damage.
Finally, look out for ingredients like aloe vera and honey that hydrate and moisturize the skin, effectively restoring your skin to its optimal health.
By choosing the right ampoule for your skin, you can not only brighten and rejuvenate your complexion, but your ampoule can also provide your skin with much needed nutrients and vitamins.
By taking the time to carefully read the ingredient labels and select the product that’s best for you, you can rest assured that you’re giving your skin everything it needs to look its absolute best.
What ingredients to avoid in ampoules for skin?
When it comes to the ingredients that you should avoid in your ampoule, it’s important to do your research. Unnatural and potentially harmful ingredients have no place on your skin, so it’s best to know what to look for and which ones to keep away from.
From petroleum-based ingredients found in some beauty products, to artificial fragrances, synthetic preservatives, and endocrine-disrupting parabens, there are a few ingredients you should definitely watch out for. When it comes to ampoules, look to natural ingredients first.
Many Korean ampoules feature naturally-derived ingredients like medicinal herbs, fruits, and vitamins, which help infuse vital nutrients into your skin.
Robust natural extracts such as ginseng, chamomile and aloe vera can help to not only provide deep hydration, but also vital nutrients that boost your skin health. On the flip side, there are some ingredients that you should steer clear of.
Petroleum-based ingredients such as mineral oil, petrolatum, and paraffin can cause serious inflammation and strip away natural oils from the skin that lead to skin health problems over time.
Avoid any artificial fragrances, as well as synthetic preservatives like parabens, which disrupt hormones, and sulfates, which are linked to various skin conditions like skin irritation and inflammation.
Always do a quick skim of the ingredients list prior to purchasing your ampoules, to make sure that you’re avoiding any unnecessary ingredients.
Opt for natural ingredients over chemical-laden ones, as these provide the most benefit to skin health and will provide the best results.
What is the difference between an ampoule and a serum?
When it comes to skincare, we often come across the terms serum and ampoule. Although both are nourishing treatments, there is a subtle difference between the two, which can be confusing.
Ampoules are essentially a higher concentration of active ingredients than a serum which makes them an extremely powerful treatment for targeted skin concerns.
They are usually pre-measured and provide intense hydration, helping to revitalize the skin and reduce the effects of aging. In some cases, they provide an almost instant result, giving the skin a more youthful appearance.
On the other hand, serums typically contain smaller molecules which allow them to penetrate deeper layers of the skin, providing an overall boost in hydration.
Whilst ampoules are generally geared towards targeting specific skin concerns, serums provide more of a broad spectrum approach and typically contain antioxidants, vitamins, and other skin-nurturing ingredients. Commonly, serums are applied after cleansing and toning as a first step before moisturizing.
Depending on your skin concerns, both products offer great benefits, making them an integral part of your skincare routine. The key is to determine what your skin needs and find the right product to achieve the desired results.
With the abundance of options in the market, we highly recommend choosing the best Korean ampoules to get the best out of your skincare routine.
Top Korean Ampoule 2023
Benefits Of Using Korean Ampoules
- Ampoules reduce wrinkles, and fine lines
- Ampoules are anti aging in nature as it contains collagen
- If you have stressed skin, ampoules can help soothe skin
- Ampoules are also formulated to improve the skin tone by reducing spots and blemishes
Which is the best Korean ampoule?
I tried several Korean ampoules based on ingredients, hydration, texture, and application. I found that MISSHA Time Revolution Night Repair Probio Ampoule is the best Korean ampoule overall. And here’s why:
MISSHA Time Revolution Night Repair Probio Ampoule contains 10 types of probiotics that strengthen the skin barrier. Formulated with purple vegetable extract, it plumps the skin antioxidants. This Korean ampoule also has ingredients that slow down the aging of the skin by protecting skin from the free radicals.
You know sometimes there are those skin problems that we wish we could get rid of, and in a jiffy. That’s where Korean ampoules come into the picture. Imagine bottling the best ingredients in a concentrated form, so that your problem area gets focussed treatment. That’s an ampoule in a nutshell for you.
How to choose the best Korean ampoule for your skin type?
You need to choose a Korean ampoule based on the problem or issue you want to target. Ampoules work because they have concentrated percentages of very few ingredients without additional preservatives.
If you have sensitive skin, choose an ampoule that does not have ingredients that can aggravate the sensitivity.
If you want to get rid of blemishes or pigmentation, choose an ampoule that contains vitamin C for brightening the skin and fading scars.
If your skin is very dry, use an ampoule that has concentrated hyaluronic acid.
But if you have oily skin, pick one that does not make your skin oilier.
Ampoule Vs Serum Vs Essence
Ampoules are supercharged serums that contain higher concentrations of active ingredients and are intended to be used for a finite period of time either as a booster or when faced with an emergency situation involving your skin.
The serum generally penetrates deeper into the skin due to its thickness and viscosity, as opposed to an essence. The serum has a greater concentration of active ingredients. Each lightweight product contains a high amount of active ingredients, sinking deep into the skin and starting working immediately.
Since serums are best applied after cleansing, but before moisturizers, doing so is most beneficial. A serum addresses a variety of common skin concerns whereas essences focus more on hydration. Also, they provide moisture deep into the skin to pamper and soothe thirsty skin cells.
#1 — MISSHA Time Revolution Night Repair
Best Korean Ampoule For Anti-aging
MISSHA Time Revolution Night Repair Probio Ampoule is hands down one of the best anti-ageing ampoules you can find to leave on overnight and wake up with smoother skin. With fermented ingredients that protect your skin from environmental damage and fight off free radicals, you can see results every single day.
- Contains 10 types of probiotics that strengthen the skin
- Includes extracts of purple vegetables to pump the skin with antioxidants
- Fight off free radical damage and slow down the aging of the skin
- Contains collagen to make the skin more elastic and supple
- Improves the texture of the skin and makes it less sensitive to environmental triggers
Related: Improve your overall skin health with these amazing Korean Vitamin C serums. Check out the reviews here!
#2 — Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule
Best Korean Ampoule For Deep Hydration & Skin Repair
Snail mucus is a staple in many effective Korean skincare products. Its properties of tightening the skin and encouraging cell regeneration make this a much sought out ingredient for skin repair. Mizon delivers this in a concentrated form in the Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule.
- Contains snail mucus as the active ingredient in a concentration of 80%
- Tightens the skin and fills out fine lines
- Soothes the skin and helps it heal
- Fades scars and blemishes left behind by acne
- Brightens the skin and makes it glow
- Moisturises the skin and makes it more supple
- Helps revive damaged skin
- Intensely hydrates the skin
Related: Applying the wrong kind of moisturizer can worsen your acne. Here are top moisturizers for acne from top K-beauty brands!
#3 — Mizon Night Repair Seruming Ampoule
Best Korean Ampoule For Anti-ageing & Skin Recovery
Every day your skin is subject to the stresses of the environment like dust, pollution and sun damage. Add to this, some poor eating choices and your skin bears the brunt of it all. The Mizon Night Repair Seruming Ampoule helps revive your skin and protect it from all that damage.
- Contains niacinamide, adenosine and vitamin E, along with fruit extracts
- Niacinamide brightens the skin and fades dark spots and blemishes
- Adenosine helps revive the skin by locking in moisture
- Vitamin E protects the skin from further damage
- Antioxidants in the fruit extracts fight off free radical damage and nourish the skin
- An effective repairing ampoule
Related: Go from oily skin to dewy skin with these amazing Korean toners. Check it out!
#4 — Mizon Real Vitamin C Ampoule
Best Korean Ampoule For Skin Brightening
You can’t go wrong with Vitamin C if the purpose is to brighten the skin and make your skin healthier. Mizon’s Real Vitamin C Ampoule works better than any vitamin C serum or lotion out there with its concentrated version of the vitamin minus any unwanted preservatives or additives.
- Contains 19% solution of vitamin C
- Contains no water in the base, therefore there is no dilution
- The ampoule is made of very small particles
- Effectively absorbed into the skin
- The formula is moisturising
- Suitable for all types of skin
- Brightens the skin and results are visible in just a few uses
Related: You CANNOT miss out on these top K-beauty products. Check it out now!
#5 — COSRX Propolis Light Ampule
Best Korean Ampoule For Sensitive & Acne Prone Skin
One huge worry if you have sensitive skin is the strength of the ingredients in any skincare product. Wipe away those worries with Cosrx’ Propolis Light Ampoule, made with safe and gentle ingredients.
- Contains 83% pure black bee propolis as the active ingredient
- It is safe and gentle on the skin
- Contains anti-bacterial properties that keep acne and breakouts at bay
- Has healing properties that help revive stressed skin
- Light in weight and easily absorbed into the skin
- Soothes the skin, calms and reduces inflammation and redness
- Keeps acne away
- Hypoallergenic, suitable for sensitive skin
#6 — Tosowoong Propolis Sparkle Ampoule
Best Korean Ampoule For Healing Sensitive Skin
Sensitive skin that is damaged needs to be treated with care. The combination of honey and bee’s propolis in the Tosowoong Propolis Sparkle Ampoule is the product fit for the job. With its efficiency in healing without causing irritation in the skin, this ampoule is highly recommended.
- Contains bee’s propolis as the active ingredient
- Heals the skin, soothes and calms it
- Contains honey as another ingredient
- Honey contains anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties
- Moisturises the skin and keeps it soft
- Super gentle on sensitive skin
- Mildly hydrating
- Contains citrus, so ensure you use a sunscreen to protect your skin from reaction to the sun
#7 — TONYMOLY Vital Vita Brightening Ampoule
Best Korean Ampoule For Skin Brightening And Hyperpigmentation
With high concentrations of vitamin C from lemon peel oil and vitamin B12, the Vital Vita 12 Ampoule by Tonymoly is one amazing skin brightening ampoule. This ampoule also has mild exfoliating properties so be sure that you will be seeing brighter and clearer skin every passing day.
- Contains lemon peel oil and vitamin B12 as the active ingredients
- The vitamin C from lemon peel oil fades dark spots and brightens the skin
- Vitamin B12 fights free radical damage and slows down the ageing
- Contains safflower seed oil that helps the skin heal
- Effective skin brightener
- Not suitable for oily skin as it can clog the pores
Related: Use the right moisturizer for oily skin to prevent breakouts. Check out some options from top K-beauty brands here!
#8 — Innisfree Ginger Honey Ampoule
Best Korean Ampoule For Dry Skin
Combining the goodness of honey with the protective properties of ginger is what the Ginger Honey Ampoule by Innisfree brings your skin.
- Contains Jeju canola honey and ginger as the active ingredients
- Honey is deeply moisturising
- It gently bleaches the skin and lightens it
- Ginger protects the skin from environmental stressors
- It acts as an anti-bacterial and keeps skin infections away
- Honey’s anti-inflammatory properties help soothe the skin and bring down redness
- Keeps pimples and acne away
- Moisturises the skin deeply
- Protects the skin from the effects of environmental dust and pollution
Related: Use a hydrating face wash for dry skin to cleanse before your skincare routine for dry skin. Check out some options here!
#9 — THE FACE SHOP Dr.Belmeur Cica Peptite Ampoule
Best Korean Ampoule For Healing And Revitalising The Skin
Give your dull skin the energy it needs with the Dr.Belmeur Cica Peptite Ampoule by The Face Shop. With ingredients like Centella Asiatica extracts, this energizes the skin, revives it, and brings back the life and glow in it.
- Contains extracts of centella asiatica and peptide complex
- Repairs skin cells, encourages cell regeneration
- Makes the skin stronger
- Heals the skin
- Brightens it and gives the skin a glow
- Smoothens the skin texture and evens out the tone
- Hydrates the skin and locks in moisture
- Brightens dull skin
- Heals and revives the skin
Related: Prevent any unwanted reactions on your sensitive skin by using a gentle Korean toner specially formulated for your skin type!
#10 — MAKEP:REM Safe me. Relief Moisture Green Ampoule
Best Korean Ampoule For Sensitive Skin
A good solution for strengthening the skin barrier of sensitive skin is the MAKEP:REM Safe me. Relief Moisture Green Ampoule. This contains ingredients in small percentages that protect the skin and don’t cause any reactions.
- Contains 18 ingredients that includes Brazilian green propolis
- It is an effective anti-oxidant that fights skin damage
- It protects the skin from environmental effects
- Balances the skin’s pH levels
- Strengthens the skin barrier
- Contains 20% propanediol that deeply hydrates the skin
- Hypoallergenic formula
- Makes sensitive skin stronger
- A bit mild as it contains too many ingredients
Best Korean Ampoules: FAQs
What is ampoule in Korean skin care?
Ampoules are used for a shorter amount of time until you solve a skin problem. This is because ampoules are highly concentrated formulas with active ingredients that are meant to solve specific skin issues. It’s recommended to use an ampoule before applying serum or essence.
Can ampoule be used everyday?
Ampoules contain high concentration of active ingredients which is why it is not recommended to include an ampoule in your daily skincare routine. Ampoules are meant to be used only for a short time until your skin problem goes away.
Which is the best Korean ampoule for sensitive skin?
When you have sensitive skin, COSRX Propolis Light Ampoule is the answer. It helps you heal your stressed, red skin and reduce the appearance of it. Simply apply it to your face and neck and gently massage it in for two minutes. You should pat it gently into your skin for better absorption. After that, apply your moisturiser.
Which is the best Korean ampoule for acne prone skin?
This COSRX Propolis Light Ampoule helps repair and nourish damaged skin while utilizing the natural healing benefits of propolis. This ampoule can be used both in the daytime and at night.
Which is the best Korean ampoule for dry skin?
The Honey Extract contained in Innisfree Ginger Honey Ampoule eventually helps draw moisture to the upper layers of the skin, as well as Glycerin which is one of the best moisturising ingredients. Found naturally in the skin. In such a way, it encourages water to be absorbed into the skin, acting as a humectant. After cleansing, apply to the face and neck, patting lightly to help absorption. It adds a layer of moisture to the skin to relieve dryness that is felt immediately after washing.
Which is the best Korean ampoule for oily skin?
Since it delivers hydration without overpowering the skin, COSRX Propolis Light Ampoule is a great toner for dehydrated, acne-prone, and oily skin types.With propolis and honey extract, you can preserve a damaged skin barrier, as well as help with redness from healed breakouts and potentially even scarring. Using your fingertips, gently massage over the entire face for quick absorption and then proceed to the moisturiser step.
- Check out these nourishing Korean lip tints to not only look good but also hydrate your lips!
- Take care of that fragile under eye skin with these amazing Korean eye creams!
- Get your skin makeup ready with these skin-nourishing Korean BB creams.
My goal is to showcase the creativity and awesomeness of Korea and Korean products. I’m the head writer at bestkoreanproducts.com!