Oily skin problems? Get dewy skin with top Korean toners for oily skin! The top Korean toners for oily skin are specially made to close the pores, control sebum without stripping it off of too much oil.
They hydrate just enough, prevent blackheads, and reduce the occurrence of acne. Along with this, like any good, balanced meal, these toners also protect and nourish your skin with special ingredients. Now that’s the whole package, I’d say!
I’m a big fan of Korean skincare, most products that Korean brands offer are mostly natural and do wonders on your skin. Here are some of the top Korean toners for oily skin that I’ve reviewed. Check it out!
Top Korean Toners for Oily Skin – Quick Summary
|Top Korean Toners For Oily Skin||Best for||Link|
|Skin Food Peach Sake Toner||Tightening Pores||Check latest price on Amazon|
|Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Skin||Unclogging pores||Check latest price on Amazon|
|COSRx AHA/BHA CLARIFYING TREATMENT Toner||Gentle Exfoliation||Check latest price On Amazon|
|BENTON Aloe BHA Skin Toner||Damaged skin||Check latest price On Amazon|
|BENTON Deep Green Tea Toner||Sensitive skin||Check latest price On Amazon|
|SOME BY MI Aha.Bha.Pha 30 Days Miracle Toner||Skin Lightening||Check latest price On Amazon|
|ISNTREE Green Tea Fresh Hydrating Face Toner||Hydration||Check latest price On Amazon|
|SECRET KEY Tea Tree Refresh Calming Toner||Soothing||Check latest price On Amazon|
|ETUDE HOUSE Soonjung pH5.5 Relief Toner||Irritated skin||Check latest price On Amazon|
|It’S SKIN Hyaluronic Acid Moisture Toner||Hydration||Check latest price On Amazon|
|Mizon AHA&BHA Daily Clean Toner||Blackheads||Check latest price On Amazon|
|COSRX Hydrium Watery Toner||Hydration||Check latest price On Amazon|
|IOPE Derma Trouble Facial Toner||minimizing pores||Check latest price On Amazon|
- Related: Best Korean Toner for Sensitive skin
- Related: Best Korean Toner for Combination Skin
- Related: Best Korean Toners for Large Pores
Best Picks for Top Korean Toners for Oily Skin
- Skin Food Peach Sake Toner – tightens pores, contains Vitamin A and C
- Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Skin – removes excess oil, gentle toner
- Mizon AHA&BHA Daily Clean Toner – Balances the pH of the skin, brightens skin tone
Best Korean Toners For Oily Skin
Skin Food Peach Sake Toner
Best Korean Toner For Tightening the Pores
The first on this list of top Korean toners for oily skin is the Peach Sake toner by Skin Food. A lot of people with oily skin make the mistake of being too harsh on their skin, using products that overly dry the skin, with the intention of reducing the shine and oiliness on their face.
While we understand this frustration, that’s not the best way to go about it.
Oily skin also needs a certain amount of hydration to keep it healthy and Skin Food’s Peach Sake Toner is just the product for the job. This is one is a really good Korean toner for oily skin.
The Peach Sake Toner by Skin Food is one of my favourites and you will probably find it on every list that I put together. This is because the toner is mild, yet leaves the skin feeling soft and healthy. With real peach extracts blended with Japanese Sake, this toner is pure goodness in a bottle.
I recommend this Skinfood Peach Sake toner for with normal to oily skin with a tendency of breakouts. This toner felt really light and easy on my skin. And the fragrance of peaches – oh my god – just love it! After using this toner consistently for a few weeks, I noticed my pores had minimized, the redness on my skin was also reduced by A LOT.
The toner cleans out your pores really well. So sometimes if I feel too lazy to use face wash and don’t have too much makeup on then I skip the face wash and just use this toner before applying my serum and mosturiser. And inspite of that my skin didn’t breakout!
So Skinfood Peach Sake Toner is a good option if your skin is oily with risk of break out!
- Japanese wine Sake is a traditional secret that is used to tighten large pores and reduce the production of sebum
- The Peach extracts keep your skin well-nourished with plenty of Vitamin A and C
- Moisturises your skin while reducing the shine from excess oil
- With this toner you get not only a pore tightening effect but also radiant skin, thanks to the peach extracts
Check out the top Korean toners for oily skin by SkinFood below!
Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Skin
Top Korean Toners For Oily Skin
The next top Korean toners for oily skin on this list is the Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Skin.
While the west is downing cup after cup of green tea to shed extra pounds, the Koreans have discovered a better use for the herb. And an effective one at that.
Pure green tea extracts not only have all the antioxidants you need to give yourself clear and healthy skin, but it also removes excess oil and is super gentle on you.
The Innisfree Green tea toner uses fresh Jeju green tea leaves and the seeds to bring you this amazing tonic for your skin.
Using the right toner, one that is meant for oily skin can do a whole lot of good. Innisfree’s Green tea Balancing Skin Toner contains green tea extracts that refresh the skin, purify it and clear the pores. Clean pores mean lesser acne and breakouts. Yay!
I have always liked Innisfree products, most of them have worked really well for my skin. I used the Innisfree Green tea Balancing Skin for about a month and visibly noticed reduced redness and smoothness. I personally love the scent it has. But in case if you’re sensitive to fragrances then don’t go for it.
But everything said and done, this toner definitely helped my skin a lot and my skin felt moisturised and plump after use.
- Made from Jeju island’s green tea leaves and the seeds
- Balances the moisture level of the skin
- Rich in amino acids and minerals
- Water based toner that gets absorbed very quickly
- Non-sticky texture
- Perfect for oily as well as combination skin types
Check out top Korean toners for oily skin by Innisfree below!
Related: Best Korean Foundation for Oily Skin
BENTON Snail Bee High Content Skin
Best Korean Toner For Skin Healing and Repair
Snail mucin is a highly effective ingredient in skin care for healing and repair. Benton’s Snail Bee High Content Skin Toner uses snail mucin in combination with Bee venom to bring you a product that protects your skin from damage while hastening the regeneration of cells.
What I loved about this toner is how easily it just absorbed into my skin. And instantly my skin felt hydrated. I’ve always had oily skin prone to acne because of which as a teenager I dealt with stubborn acne that left scars. This toner has managed to reduce those scars as well! (Ofcourse, only with consistent and prolonged use).
It’s best to use this toner after using a face wash. I just had to use 2 – 3 pumps of this toner and pat it into my skin directly using my fingers. I don’t use cotton pads because I’ve always felt that I lose a lot of the product to the cotton.
In my opinion, BENTON Snail Bee High Content Skin is definitely worth the money!
- Contains snail mucin and bee venom as the main ingredients
- Snail venom has cell regeneration properties which help the skin heal and repair
- Bee venom hydrates the skin and protects it from environmental damage
- Both ingredients tighten the skin
- The unique blend of ingredients make the skin youthful
Cosrx AHA/BHA CLARIFYING TREATMENT Toner
Best Korean Toner For Daily Exfoliation
Nourish your skin inside out with this Cosrx toner that is made from mineral water for some extra boost. The AHA and BHA keep your skin clear and free of acne while removing excess oil produced. Definitely recommend as one of the top Korean toners for oily skin!
- Made from mineral water rather than just purified water
- Removes excess oil
- Gently exfoliates while removing residual dirt and tightens pores
- Brightens the skin
- Active ingredient allantoin restore moisture to the skin and keep it hydrated without excessive oiliness
- Reduces the occurrence of acne
- AHA & BHA are the best you can give your skin for removing excess oil, brightening it and keeping acne away
Check out top Korean toners for oily skin by CosRx below!
BENTON Aloe BHA Skin Toner
It is a common misconception that oily skin is not sensitive.
There are several people with oily skin that is also very sensitive, skin that immediately breaks into rashes or is prone to redness and inflammation.
Use Benton Aloe BHA skin toner for a mild and gentle treatment that exfoliates while closing the pores and controlling the producing of sebum.
The aloe gives your skin just the right amount of hydration to keep it moist all day long. This is one of the top Korean skincare for oily acne-prone skin!
- 80% aloe vera extracts that soothe the skin and moisturise it
- Gentle exfoliator to remove dead skin cells
- Safe on the skin as it has no allergens
- Controls sebum production
- Gets rid of blackheads
- Reduces the occurrence of acne
- Aloe vera is calming and soothing on the skin while the BHA exfoliates and keeps acne away.
Check out top Korean toners for oily skin by Benton below!
BENTON Deep Green Tea Toner
While the Aloe toner was meant for sensitive skin, the deep green tea works well on regular oily skin that can handle a slightly stronger product. Enriched with pure green tea that is a fantastic antioxidant, this Korean toner for oily skin soothes the skin, tightens the pores, hydrates and leaves you with skin that feels and looks fresh
- Mildly acidic toner that matches the pH level of the skin
- Safe for oily and sensitive skin
- Removes left over impurities and dirt from the pores of the skin
- Green tea extracts tighten the skin and leave skin looking fresh
- Hydrates the skin just enough
- No artificial colouring or fragrance
- Removes excess oil and dirt from the skin and reveals fresher looking skin.
Check out top Korean toners for oily skin by Benton below!
SOME BY MI Aha.Bha.Pha 30Days Miracle Toner
Who doesn’t like a miracle that will give them clean, clear skin with a pearl like luminescence? You can get all of that with the AHA BHA PHA 30 days Miracle Toner by Some By Mi. With real tea tree extracts, you can bid goodbye to all your skin issues and gift yourself your dream skin with this top Korean toner for oily skin!
- Pure tea tree extracts make skin clear of acne
- Reduces oil production in the skin
- Exfoliates to reveal whiter and brighter skin
- Tightens the pores
- Slightly acidic in nature to keep pimples at bay
- Has anti-wrinkle properties to keep your skin young
- The brightening effect along with keeping wrinkles away makes this an amazing toner for oily skin.
Check out top Korean toners by Some By Mi below!
ISNTREE Green Tea Fresh Hydrating Face Toner
Give your skin the best care it can get with ISNTREE Green Tea Fresh Hydrating toner, one of the top Korean toners for oily skin!
When maximum ingredients of a product are natural, you know that it automatically brings down the percentage of irritation it is going to bring to your skin.
- Easily and quickly absorbed into the skin
- Hypoallergenic formula
- The active ingredients like green tea extract and Centella Asiatica extract along with others keep a check on the sebum production
- Gentle on the skin
- Hydrates the skin
- Leaves your skin feeling smooth and fresh
- Dermatologist tested product
- It’s hypoallergenic formula makes it ideal to be used every day safely.
- Slightly more expensive than other Korean toners in the market
Check out top Korean toners for oily skin by INSTREE below!
SECRET KEY Tea Tree Refresh Calming Toner
Secret Key’s Tea tree Refresh Calming Toner is pure luxury for your skin. With a blend of 15 different botanical extracts, this top Korean toner for oily skin is so much more than just that.
While it reduces the sebum production of oily skin, it also tightens the pores, refreshes and nourishes it, keeping it healthy and youthful looking.
- Made from 15 botanical extracts
- Removes residual makeup, dirt and grime from the pores
- Tightens the pores
- Reduces the sebum production
- Natural elements that soothe the skin
- Moisturises the skin
- Contains no chemicals or parabens
- Purely natural and acts as an all-in-one skincare product that deep cleans, moisturises and soothes the skin
Check out top Korean toners for oily skin by Secret Key below!
ETUDE HOUSE Soonjung pH5.5 Relief Toner
Oily skin type is one of the hardest to take care of as you have to balance it just right. You cannot use a product that completely dries your skin, plus you need something that keeps you from getting breakouts or acne.
The soothing and hypo-allergenic SoonJung pH5.5 toner by Etude House is one of our recommendations for top Korean toners for oily skin. Give yourself nice, smooth and well hydrated skin every single day.
- Contains 97% natural ingredients
- Free of ten toxic ingredients
- Slightly acidic pH formula that balances the skin
- Reduces the oiliness of the skin
- Keeps away breakouts and acne
- The active ingredient Panthensoside, cools, calms and soothes irritated skin
- Ingredients form a “skin barrier” keeping away fine dust and dirt particles from entering the pores
- One of the most popular Korean toners in the market as it has 97% pure and natural ingredients that are safe on the skin
Check out top Korean toners for oily skin by Etude House below!
It’S SKIN Hyaluronic Acid Moisture Toner
Hyaluronic acid is an excellent ingredient for keeping your skin hydrated. This might scare you especially if you have oily skin.
This is where Korean expertise comes into play.
It’s Skin’s toner for moderately oily skin balances this beautifully to give you the perfect glow and even tone without making your skin very oily
- Hyaluronic acid soothes the skin and keeps it hydrated
- Tightens pores and reduces the natural oiliness of the skin
- The Vitamin C brightens and evens the skin tone
- Ideal for combination and moderately oily skin types
- Not meant for very oily skin
Check out this top Korean toner for oily skin below!
Mizon AHA & BHA Daily Clean Toner
With oily skin comes the annoying appearance of blackheads. The Mizon AHA & BHA daily clean toner gives you squeaky clean skin and noticeably radiant skin in just a few weeks of using this regularly.
Your skin texture also improves with it becoming softer and smoother. Definitely one of the top Korean toners for oily skin with blackheads!
- Controls the production of sebum in the skin
- Keeps acne and pimples away
- Tightens the skin and reduces oiliness
- Hydrates to balance the oil stripped off
- Reduces blackheads formation
- Gently exfoliates
- Brightens the skin
- Balances the pH of the skin
- Reduces the oiliness, keeps blackheads away and visibly brightens the skin
COSRX Hydrium Watery Toner
Don’t struggle anymore with excess oil and consequently acne constantly appearing on your face. You have the CosRx Hydrium Watery Toner, one of the top Korean toners for oily skin, to deal with that now, and gently too. Though the toner has plenty of moisture that is meant for people with dehydrated skin, this works efficiently for oily and acne prone skin as well.
- Has hyaluronic acid that is an effectively hydrates the skin and keeps it moist all day without making it oily
- Has plenty of Vitamin B for healthy and younger looking skin
- Allantoin is an active ingredient that soothes and calms irritated skin
- Free of parabens and is safe to be used daily
- Gives your skin a clear and honey dew appearance
- Price is higher than other toners
IOPE Derma Trouble Facial Toner
If you want an effective toner for your oily skin, the IOPE Derma Trouble Facial Toner should be your pick. This light and gentle toner is perfect for getting rid of all your skin trouble with the simplest of ingredients. One of the best Korean toners for oily skin and sensitive skin.
- Deep cleans the pores and tightens them
- Evens out the skin tone
- Willow bark extract is one of the active ingredients that reduces acne
- Peppermint oil reduces the sebum production and keeps the skin fresh and clean
- Gentle exfoliator
- Non-comedogenic product
- Non-allergenic ingredients that are free of mineral oils and fragrances
- Keeps your skin clear and gives it a lovely glow
- More expensive than the other Korean toners in the market for oily skin
PYUNKANG YUL Essence Toner
Best Korean Toner For Skin Hydration
Even oily skin needs to be well hydrated, otherwise the skin will go into sebum production overdrive which will cause it to produce more sebum, clog the pores and cause acne. Pyunkang Yul’s Essence Toner is perfect for hydrating the skin and keeping it plump and supple.
- Contains Milk Vetch Root as the active ingredient
- This is light, yet, infuses the skin with plenty of hydration
- Balances the pH levels of the skin
- A lightweight and hydrating toner suitable for oily as well as combination skin
- May not be suitable for sensitive skin
Aloe vera is an ingredient that is amazing for any type of skin. It heals everything from sunburn to inflammation due to allergies. Secret Key’s Aloe Soothing Moist Toner is amazing for acne-prone and oily skin as it heals inflammations and lightly moisturizes the skin
- Contains aloe vera extracts as the primary ingredient
- Aloe vera has the properties of soothing the skin and bringing down inflammation
- It helps the skin heal
- Hydrates the skin without making it oily or greasy
- A lightweight toner that moisturises oily skin
KLAIRS Supple Preparation Unscented Toner
Best Korean Toner For Sensitive Skin
The Supple Preparation Unscented Toner by Dear, Klairs is perfect for sensitive skin as the mild aloe vera does a great job soothing inflamed skin and healing it. Hyaluronic acid is an excellent moisturiser for oily skin as it hydrates without making it greasy.
- Contains aloe vera extracts and hyaluronic acid as the main ingredients
- Aloe soothes the skin, brings down inflammation and helps it heal
- Hyaluronic acid locks in moisture, keeping the skin plump and supple
- Free of fragrances and allergy triggers
- An ideal toner for oily, sensitive skin
How to Choose the Best Korean Toner for Oily Skin?
When choosing the top Korean toners for oily skin there are three things you need to keep in mind – ingredients, form and reviews.
- Ingredients: Avoid toners formulated with potential aggressors that might cause allergic reactions, irritation, inflammation, or redness leading to a breakout. There may also be some harsh ingredients that might have moisturizing properties but also have bad side effects. Avoid toners with higher exfoliating acids. Opt for toners that have a small percentage for exfoliating acids that are safe to use daily. It’s recommended to opt for toners that are formulated with organic, pure, and safe botanical ingredients like flower or plant extracts, hyaluronic acids.
- Form: Most Korean toners are water-based as it’s very gentle on the skin. However, you’ll also find toners that are in gel form as well. You’ll also find ‘boosters’ by Korean brands that are to be applied before the toner to prep your skin. Other than that, you’ll also find small round pads soaked with toner and packaged in handy containers. This is great for those who are always on-the-go or travel often.
- Reviews: Make sure you use the right Korean toner for your skin type, especially if you have oily skin or sensitive skin that’s prone to breakouts. Read reviews before you buy into anything. Korean skincare products are usually formulated to suit a particular skin type or target a particular skin concern.
- Astringents: Astringents like witch hazel helps in controlling excess oil production and are great to have in oil skin toners. Avoid astringents if you have sensitive skin as it might not suit everyone. Also keep in mind if the toner has other hydrating agents as astringents are also known for drying out skin.
- Hydration: You might think that you don’t need a hydrating toner as your skin is already oily but you’re wrong. Having hydrating ingredients in your toner ensures that the moisture level is balanced in your skin. Choosing a toner formulated with rosehip oils, hemp seed oils, argan oil, snail mucin, aloe extracts etc. that’s lightweight and also hydrates the skin.
- Harsh chemicals: don’t ever opt for a toner formula that consists of harsh chemicals like parabens, fragrances, phthalates etc. that can harm your skin, cause inflammation or mess with hormonal functions. Some of these harsh chemicals are also skin drying.
Korean Toners For Oily Skin: FAQs
Which is the best Korean toner for oily skin?
The Skin Food Peach Sake Toner is the top Korean toners for oily skin as it is very gentle and won’t cause a reaction. Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Skin is the top Korean toners for oily skin along with combination skin. Cosrx AHA/BHA CLARIFYING TREATMENT Toner is the top Korean toners for oily skin prone to acne. It’S SKIN Hyaluronic Acid Moisture Toner is the top Korean toners for oily skin that is moderately oily.
Are toners good for oily skin?
Yes, toners are really great for oily skin. Look for toners with toxic free ingredients like parabens, phthalates etc. that won’t harm your skin, clog pores or cause acne.
Should you use a toner every day?
you can use toners daily or even twice a day for best results. Use your toners after cleansing your skin. Skip using it daily if you feel like your skin is drying out.
How do toners help oily skin?
Toners are one of the best skin care products for oily skin that helps in reducing excess oil production especially in the T-zone area. Oily skin toners are formulated with astringents like hazel which helps in controlling sebum. They also help in reducing enlarged pores, and cleanse them. It also contains ingredients like BHA, AHA etc that are great exfoliators and help in soothing the skin.
How often should you use toner for oily skin?
You should use a toner every time you wash your face in order to close the pores. However, some toners use a high level of astringent formula that might dry your skin too much. In such cases, use it once a day instead of twice. All the top Korean toners for oily skin listed above are gentle and don’t dry out your skin. You can comfortably use these every time you wash your face.
What Type of Toner is Best for Oily Skin?
Excess production of sebum in your skin is what leads to oily skin. In order to protect your skin and keep it moisturized, the right amount of sebum in your skin is important. For oily skin, opt for a toner that can balance your skin tone, and also act as a clarifying, exfoliating and hydrating agent as well.
How to use a skin toner properly?
Cleanse your face with a cleansing foam or a mild face cleanser suitable for your skin type. Use an alcohol free toner. Soak a cotton ball with a toner that’s suitable for your skin. Apply it all over your face gently. Give it a couple of minutes to dry and get absorbed into the skin. For oily skin, it’s recommended to apply toner at least twice a day. Follow it up with a moisturizer.
My goal is to showcase the creativity and awesomeness of Korea and Korean products. I’m the head writer at bestkoreanproducts.com!