Dark spots, blemishes, and hyperpigmentation ruining your look? Check out these Top Korean whitening cream that will help lighten your skin tone by reducing melanin production.
Whitening creams are not only meant to lighten your skin but also to get rid of those dark spots, blemishes, and hyperpigmentation.
Here’s a quick summary of the top Korean whitening cream for you to choose from:
|Top Korean Whitening Cream||Best For||Price|
|Secret Key Snow White starting treatment cream||Hydration & Skin Brightening||$29.99|
|One Day Whitener||Sensitive Skin||$22.99|
|Myconos Day Cream||Sun Protection & Lightening||$22.99|
|TONYMOLY Panda’s Dream White Sleeping Pack||Night Skin Care Routine||$22.99|
|TONYMOLY Panda’s Dream White Magic Cream||Dark Circles||$22.99|
|Seoul-Ceuticals Multi-Function All-in-One snail repair cream||Damaged Skin||$22.99|
|Baviphat Lemon whitening sleeping pack||All Skin Types||$22.99|
|Mizon Good Night White Sleeping Mask –||Sensitive Skin||$22.99|
|THE FACE SHOP Whiteseed Brightening Serum||Brightening||$22.99|
|Tosowoong Whitening Cream||Skin Elasticity||$22.99|
Sometimes we need to take the help of effective skincare products to remove that tan from sun exposure and restore our naturally fair complexion.
- Related: Best Korean Whitening Products
- Related: Best Korean Products for Pigmentation
- Related: Best Korean Vitamin C Serum
K-beauty is big on fair skin, so we need to look no further for the best whitening creams than from the Korean beauty brands.
We’ve done all the research and trials to bring you the best Korean whitening creams you can find in the market.
- Best Korean Whitening Cream
- Secret Key Snow White Cream
- One Day Whitener Ggulzam Night Sleeping Cream
- Myconos Mild Perfect Sun Cream
- TONYMOLY Panda’s Dream White Sleeping Pack
- TONYMOLY Panda’s Dream White Magic Cream
- Seoul-Ceuticals Multi-Function All-in-One snail repair cream
- Baviphat Lemon whitening sleeping pack
- Mizon Good Night White Sleeping Mask
- THE FACE SHOP Whiteseed Brightening Serum
- Tosowoong Whitening Cream
Best Korean Whitening Cream
Check out the detailed reviews of the top Korean whitening cream below!
Secret Key Snow White Cream
Top Korean Whitening Cream For Hydration & Skin Brightening
The first one on this list of top Korean whitening cream is by Secret Key.
If you want to rid your skin of that annoying layer of tan and dark spots, Secret Key’s starting treatment cream is a good choice.
With niacinamide as the key ingredient and chock full of moisturizing butters and oils, your skin barrier is strengthened, intensely hydrated and your skin feels more supple. Also, you get brighter skin.
- The active ingredient is Niacinamide
- Brightens the skin almost immediately
- Contains Shea butter, macadamia seed oil, sweet almond oil, argan tree kernel oi, coconut seed oil, and jojoba seed oil
- These ingredients moisturise the skin intensely
- Nourishes the skin with natural vitamin E
- A quick-acting face cream
- Good for tan removal and lightening dark spots
Check out the best Korean whitening cream by Secret Key below!
Related: Balance the pH levels of your skin with these best Korean toners dry skin!
One Day Whitener Ggulzam Night Sleeping Cream
Top Korean Whitening Cream For Sensitive Skin
The next one on this list of best Korean whitening cream is the One Day Whitener GGULZAM sleeping cream.
Koreans love skin that is not only lighter but also healthier with a toned, smooth texture. One day whitener Ggulzam night sleeping cream achieves that with its blend of gentle fermented ingredients.
Simply apply before you go to bed and wake up with younger and brighter skin.
- Water-based formula that is light on the skin
- Contains fermented ingredients and niacinamide
- Has collagen to improve skin elasticity
- Moisturises the skin
- Tightens the skin and lifts wrinkles
- Lightens and brightens the skin
- Hypoallergenic formula
- The gentle and hypoallergenic formula is safe for sensitive skin
Check out this top Korean whitening cream below!
Related: Here are nourishing Korean BB creams to make your skin makeup ready!
Myconos Mild Perfect Sun Cream
Top Korean Whitening Cream For Sun Protection & Lightening
The next one on this list of top Korean whitening cream is by MYCONOS.
You cannot achieve lighter skin if you are constantly exposed to the tanning and damaging effects of the sun. Myconos Day Cream is loaded with an SPF of 50 to help take care of this. It also has propolis extracts and plankton extracts to give your skin a lift, keep away acne, and moisturize it.
- Water based light weight formula
- SPF 50 for optimum UV protection
- Contains sea water, propolis extract and plankton extract
- Antibacterial properties keep acne at bay
- Hydrates the skin
- Tightens the skin and reduces the formation of wrinkles
- Lightens and brightens the skin
Related: These Korean emulsions can help intensely hydrate your skin. Check it out now!
TONYMOLY Panda’s Dream White Sleeping Pack
Top Korean Whitening Cream For Night Time
the next one on this list of top Korean whitening cream ib the famous skincare brand TonyMoly
The best type of creams is those that you apply before you go to bed and wake up with brighter skin.
As you rest, your skin’s natural enzymes do a better job of absorbing the ingredients of the cream without the interference of stress, the sun, or environmental pollution.
If you agree, TonyMoly’s Panda’s Dream White Sleeping Pack is a cream you should definitely try with its goodness of fruit and flower extracts.
- Contains the key ingredients Lavender, Rosemary, Bamboo Shoot Extract, and Berry Extracts
- These brighten the skin and lighten the skin tone
- Act as antioxidants to slow down ageing
- Contains glycerin and allantoin
- Hydrates the skin and locks in moisture
- Softens the skin and plumps it up
- A lightweight hydrating night pack that brightens the skin
Related: Gently exfoliate and brighten your skin tone with these amazing Korean wash off masks. Check it out here!
TONYMOLY Panda’s Dream White Magic Cream
Top Korean Whitening Cream for Lightening Dark Circles
Say goodbye to Panda eyes with TonyMoly’s Panda’s Dream White Magic Cream. With Niacinamide and bamboo sap, your eyes get all the care they need to relieve stress, lighten the dark circles, and put the sparkle back in them.
- Water based cream
- Heavy cream that is intensely hydrating
- Contains Niacinamide, bamboo sap and honey extracts as its main ingredients
- Moisturises the skin around the eyes
- Lightens the skin and reduces the appearance of dark circles
- An effective under eye cream
- Can leave a whitish layer after applying
- A little hard to spread
Check out this top Korean whitening cream by TonyMoly below!
Related: Choosing the right face wash for dry skin is crucial! Here are specially formulated hydrating Korean face washes for dry skin!
Seoul-Ceuticals Multi-Function All-in-One snail repair cream
Top Korean Whitening Cream for Brightening Skin
Don’t be averse to applying snail mucus on your skin. This miracle ingredient is popular in K-beauty for its amazing benefits that are not just limited to lightening your complexion. Seoul-Ceuticals Multi-Function All-in-One snail repair cream literally repairs your skin and reverses the ageing process.
- Contains a high concentration, 97.5% snail mucus
- Lightens the skin
- Tightens the skin and uplifts it
- Helps in cell regeneration, healing the skin and repairing it
- Intensely hydrates your skin and locks in moisture
- Contains Vitamin E and Vitamin B5 for added skin nourishment
- Contains organic green tea for skin soothing and calming
- An all-in-one cream that replaces all other creams
Check out this top Korean whitening cream below!
Related: Have you tried the double cleanse method yet? Check out Korean oil cleansers for some deep cleansing
Baviphat Lemon whitening sleeping pack
Top Korean Whitening Cream for All Skin Types
Baviphat uses the goodness found in nature in the form of lemon extracts. Citrus is a powerful lightening agent and Baviphat puts it to good use in the Lemon whitening sleeping pack.
Spread a layer of it before you hit the sack and wake up with brighter looking skin that feels so soft!
- Contains citric acid which is a natural skin lightener
- Lemon extracts control the production of sebum
- Hydrates without clogging the pores
- Reduces the appearance of freckles and dark spots
- Works well when used in the night
- Skin feels smoother and looks lighter
- Has a thick consistency
- Might leave back a sticky layer
Mizon Good Night White Sleeping Mask
Top Korean Whitening Cream for Sensitive Skin
While Mizon is popular for its snail mucus based skincare products, the Good Night White Sleeping Mask is an exception.
This water based cream is light and spreads across your skin in no time. It works on the skin overnight to lighten your blemishes, dark spots and to give you brighter skin when you wake up.
- To be used as a night time skincare regime
- Contains niacinamide as its key ingredient
- Brightens the skin
- Visibly shows lightening of dark spots and freckles
- Water based formula is light on the skin
- Hypoallergenic and gentle
- Hypoallergenic formula that is safe on any type of skin
Related: Cover up dark spots and blemishes with these skin-nourishing Korean CC creams. Check it out here!
THE FACE SHOP Whiteseed Brightening Serum
Top Korean Whitening Cream for Controlling Melanin Production
Less of a cream and more of a serum, the White Seed brightening serum by The Face Shop penetrates deep into the skin to work from within.
This light weight product contains the extracts of white daisy to control the production and lighten the skin. It also has other active ingredients that brighten the skin and even the tone.
- Contains extracts of white daisy, white lupin seed and white willow bark
- Controls the production of melanin
- Lightens dark spots
- Brightens dull skin
- Makes skin softer and smoother
- One of the few skincare products that whiten the skin by controlling the production of melanin
Related: Here are amazing Korean serums approved for acne-prone skin. Check it out!
Tosowoong Whitening Cream
Top Korean Whitening Cream for Skin Elasticity
Tosowoong Whitening Cream can be considered an overall product for skin protection, nourishment, and improvement. It not only whitens the skin but also moisturizes it intensely and makes it more elastic. It lightens dark spots, blemishes, and freckles and evens out the tone of the skin.
- Contains hyaluronic acid
- Locks in the moisture of the skin without leaving a greasy feeling
- Makes it more supple and plump
- Builds the elasticity of the skin
- Whitens the skin and leaves a dewy glow
- Whitens the skin and builds elasticity
Related: Give your skin the ultimate nourishment with these Korean essences. Pick one for your skin type here!
Which is the top Korean whitening cream?
After a lot of research on Korean skin whitening creams, I curated a list of 10 Korean whitening creams that are effective and safe. Based on these two parameters, I found that Mizon Good Night White Sleeping Mask is the top Korean whitening cream. And here’s why:
The Mizon Good Night White Sleeping Mask lightens the skin tone by reducing freckles, dark spots, age spots, and pigmentation. Formulated with 97.5% snail mucin, this Korean whitening cream also tightens the skin and improves skin elasticity. It also helps repair skin cells, promoting cell regeneration. It also provides the skin with intense hydration and locks in moisture. Also formulated with Vitamin E and Vitamin B5, it provides skin with all the nourishment it needs. Costing $15.00 on Amazon, Mizon Good Night White Sleeping Mask is safe to use even on sensitive skin as it is a hypoallergenic formula.
Is Skin Whitening Bad?
Skin whitening products have always been controversial. So it’s natural if you find yourself asking is skin whitening good or bad. But there isn’t a solid answer for this
So are skin whitening products bad?
A lot of Korean skin whitening products are safe to use and packed with skin-friendly ingredients that provide a lot of benefits to your skin. So no skin whitening products aren’t all that bad.
Korean skin whitening products help improve, not only your skin tone, but also the texture of your skin. Korean whitening creams are formulated with safe ingredients that won’t cause you any harm
However, some skin whitening products in the market may contain skin bleaching ingredients. These products should be avoided as they cause serious damage to your skin and health.
Avoid skin whitening creams or products with the following bad ingredients:
As long as the product is safe to use and is clinically and dermatologically tested, it’s safe to use. And it’s okay if you want to lighten your skin tone just as it is okay to get a tan! As long as it makes you and your skin happy, there’s nobody that can tell you otherwise!
The Korean Beauty Standard
While the westerners prefer a healthy tan over fair skin, the Koreans go to great lengths to maintain a lighter complexion. Which is why most Korean skincare and beauty products almost always include skin whitening ingredients.
This is also Korean skin care gives a lot of importance to sun protection. You’ll see that most Korean foundations, BB creams, and CC creams and other such cosmetic products also provide sun protection.
However, Koreans don’t just aim for brighter skin but also radiant, healthy dewy, and glass-like skin. And to achieve this type of skin, it’s important to maintain a fair complexion and clear skin.
How does a whitening cream work?
Tyrosinase is the enzyme present in your tissues that encourages the production of melanin. Whitening creams include ingredients that inhibit this enzyme, reducing the amount of melanin produced in your skin.
Are whitening creams safe to use?
Whitening creams often get a bad rap because a lot of substandard beauty products use bleaches that harm the skin. A good quality whitening cream that uses tyrosinase inhibitors to reduce melanin production is safe as it naturally lightens the skin.
What Ingredients to look for in Skin Whitening Cream?
The most important thing in choosing the best Korean whitening cream is to stay away from harsh ingredients like Hydroquinone and Mercury. Look for a whitening cream that has safe and natural skin lightening ingredients like:
- Niacinamide: This ingredient is the most popular skin lightening ingredient. This is a safe and skin-friendly ingredient that’s used in skincare products to promote skin brightening Niacinamide is also known for improving skin’s texture by pumping it with hydration.
- Kojic Acid: This ingredient is popular for evening out skin tone and is produced through the process of fermentation.
- Lemon: Lemon is rich in citric acid which is a natural skin lightening ingredient. Just make sure to apply moisturizer after you use a lemon based skin whitening cream like Baviphat’s Lemon as citric acid can sting!
- Glutathione: Glutathione is a common ingredient found in Korean whitening products. Glutathione is a naturally-occurring antioxidant in our bodies. This ingredient helps breakdown free radicals, and promote the production of Vitamin E and C. Glutathione suppresses Tyrosinase which helps make your skin look brighter.
How to Choose the Top Korean Whitening Cream
Here are a few things you should consider when selecting the best Korean whitening cream for your skin:
#1 — Formulas
There are different formula-types that you should be aware of and choose the one that suits your skin type. If you dry skin then choose a cream-based formula that will improve hydration levels. If you have oily skin avoid cream-based formulas as it can increase the oiliness of your skin. Instead, gel-based formulas work really well for those with oily skin as they’re much lighter and still hydrate the skin.
#2 — Ingredients
Make sure to avoid harsh chemicals and bleaching agents. Look for ingredients like kojic acid, niacinamide, ascorbic acid, and lemon in your skin whitening cream. These are skin-friendly ingredients that will help lighten your skin tone as well as improve the texture of the skin.
#3 — Price
Make sure you don’t burn a wole through your wallet when it comes to buying skincare. I used to pretty much always go overboard with skincare products but a higher price tag doesn’t always mean a better product. A lot of affordable Korean drugstore products prove to be just as good, if not better!
- Best Korean ampoules 2021
- Best Korean exfoliators 2021
- Best Korean lip tints 2021
- Best Korean Hand Creams
- Best Korean Ampoule for Acne Scars
My goal is to showcase the creativity and awesomeness of Korea and Korean products. I’m the head writer at bestkoreanproducts.com!