Get a smooth makeup finish with the best Korean foundation for dewy look. That smooth, flawless skin with that dreamy dewy look comes with the perfect makeup products, and the Korean beauty industry has nailed it! While a foundation has so many functions like smoothening your skin, covering blemishes, dark circles, dark spots and also ensuring that your makeup stays put all day, I’m sure you would also love something that adds to that dewy look that you so desire. Check out below for the Best Korean Foundation For Dewy Look:
Best Korean Foundation For Dewy Look — Quick Summary
|Best Korean Foundation For Dewy Look||Best for|
|PONY EFFECT Coverstay Liquid Foundation||Full coverage|
|I’M Genius Foundation||Skin Nourishment|
|CELEFIT STILL COVER CUSHION PACT||Nourishing Normal Skin|
|CATKIN BB Cream Air Cushion Foundation||Combination Skin|
|Clio Kill Cover Glow Cushion||Dry Skin|
|JUNGSAEMMOOL Essential Skin Nuder Cushion||Flawless Skin|
|ETUDE HOUSE New Double Lasting Foundation||Long Lasting Coverage|
|GIVERNY Milchak Cover Cushion||Beginners to Makeup|
Which is the Best Korean Foundation For Dewy Look?
I tried out a lot of Korean foundations in my quest for finding the Best Korean Foundation For Dewy Look. I tested them based on coverage, application, formula, finish. I found that the Catkin BB Cream Air Cushion Foundation to be the best Korean foundation for dewy look.
Catkin BB Cream Air Cushion Foundation has both the elements of sebum absorption as well as hydrating to suit all types of skin. The foundation has a smooth finish and leaves the skin looking radiant and dewy skin. This Korean foundation has good coverage and covers up pores and blemishes to give the skin flawless look.
Top Korean Foundation For Dewy Look
How to choose the best foundation to get a dewy look?
The foundation you choose is not a “one size fits all”. Choose a foundation depending on your skin type to give you the best dewy look. If you have dry skin, choose a foundation with moisturising ingredients that plump up your skin and give it radiance.
If you have oily skin, choose a foundation that absorbs the excess sebum from your skin to avoid your makeup from melting away, but also is hydrating enough to keep your skin healthy and give it the dewy look.
Korean foundations usually have lighter shades as Korean brands usually formulate their products for Koreans.
When choosing a foundation shade make sure that you pick one depending on your undertones.
Different skin undertones: cool, warm, neutral.
Cool undertones: If you have a cool undertone you’ll notice that your skin leans towards reddish, pinkish, or blueish hue. If you have cool undertone then avoid yellowish foundations.
Warm undertones: If you warm undertones your skin usually looks peachy and golden. Korean foundations that are slightly yellowish will suit your skin.
Neutral undertones: If you have neutral undertones your skin will have a mix of pink and golden undertones. For neutral undertones find a foundation is in the middle.
- Ingredients: Choose foundations that have only skin benefitting ingredients like hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, shea butter, ceramides, shea butter, squalene etc. Avoid toxic chemicals and ingredients that can potentially harm your skin like parabens, fragrance, SLS, phthalates, retinol etc.
- SPF: Look for a foundation that has SPF in it so that it’ll protect your skin from sun damage. A foundation with at least 30 SPF is essential to keep your skin protected from UVA/UVB rays.
- Shade: shade will depend on your skin undertone. Go for a shade or two lighter than your skin tone. Never choose a foundation that is darker than your skin toner or even something that’s too light.
- Coverage level: Coverage depends on your makeup look. If you want a heavy makeup look then look for full coverage foundations, light coverage is good for daily use whereas medium coverage is good for no-makeup makeup look.
- Skin type: Skin type plays an important role. If you have dry skin, opt for liquid foundation. Cushion foundations are best for sensitive skin and combination skin types whereas compact foundation is best for oily skin type.
How to get dewy finish while applying makeup?
If you’re like most people out there, you want that beautiful dewy finish when applying your makeup. That healthy glow that embraces your face, making you look like you just stepped outside and a gentle gust of wind caressed your skin. To achieve that, you need to make sure you invest in the best Korean foundation for a dewy look.
With the right foundation, you have total control over the outcome of your look. It’ll help you achieve that finish seamlessly, giving you the perfect balance between nourishing hydration and coverage. Here’s a few tips to keep in mind when achieving dewy makeup:
Primer – As the very first step, never skimp on primer. Prepping your skin before foundation will ensure that the makeup stays put longer. A primer also helps your foundation glide on more smoothly.
Moisturizer – Make sure to use a lightweight moisturizer to hydrate your skin. Choose one that contains ingredients like hyaluronic acid, ceramides, peptides, and amino acids which helps promote a healthy and glowing complexion.
Foundation – When picking foundation for a dewy finish, it’s important to select a formula that does not contain any oil. This will ensure that your skin retains its natural dew without clogging your pores. You might want to go with a serum foundation or even a tinted moisturizer. Depending on the coverage you want, you may choose a light-medium or a full coverage.
Setting Powder – Use very lightly. If you want to keep the look natural and luminous, apply the powder only on the places where you feel like you need it.
Highlighter – It’s all about achieving luminosity without taking away the natural dewiness. Illuminator or a pearly cream base highlighter is the best way to get a dewy look. Applying it on the high points of your face is essential to add light to your face.
Blush – A vibrant hue on your cheeks will give you that youthful, healthy glow. Opt for cream formulas to make sure that you’re getting the perfect amount ofnatural dewy finish.
Bronzer – Bronzer helps to shape, contour and warm up your complexion. Apply only a tiny amount to get a hint of color and a subtle glow.
Lip Products – To perfect the look, use your favorite lip balm or lip gloss, especially one with a bit of shimmer.
Setting spray – Last but not least, a setting spray is very important to keep your makeup in place and your dewy look all day long.
When done right, dewy makeup will make your complexion look radiant and beautiful. Remember preparation is key and having the right foundation is essential to getting that perfect look. Invest in the best Korean foundation and don’t forget to follow the steps above as well!
PONY EFFECT Coverstay Liquid Foundation
Best Korean Foundation For Dewy Look For Full Coverage
Pony Effect’s Coverstay Liquid Foundation is formulated for oily skin and it has sebum absorbing qualities. That does not mean it leaves the skin looking dry. In fact, it’s just the opposite as it contains hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid which retains the moisture in the skin, giving it the plump, radiant and dewy look.
- Water based lightweight foundation
- Contains hydrolysed hyaluronic acid as one of the ingredients
- Maintains the hydration in the skin, keeping it plump and healthy
- Liquid foundation that does not dry the skin, maintaining the dewy look all day long
- Gives full coverage with a smooth finish
- Offers a soft matte finish, ideal for oily skin
- Full coverage flawless finish foundation for oily skin
I’M Genius Foundation
Best Korean Foundation For Dewy Look For Skin Nourishment
If you’ve been desperately looking for a foundation that lasts you all day long, try the I’m Genius Foundation that lasts a whole day and then some! This truly long lasting foundation contains the goodness of botanical extracts that nourish your skin, cover all flaws and leave it with a glow.
- Oil free liquid foundation
- Water based and lightweight
- Absorbs extra sebum from the skin, leaving it fresh
- Contains extracts of chamomile flower, lavender flower water and rosa canina fruit extract
- These soothe the skin, reduce inflammation, help it heal and repair
- Medium to Full coverage foundation that covers all redness, blemishes and scars
- Also covers dark circles, wrinkles and fine lines, leaving the skin smooth and flawless
- Lasts upto 30 hours
- Gives the skin a healthy radiance while nourishing it
CELEFIT STILL COVER CUSHION PACT
Best Korean Foundation For Dewy Look For Nourishing Normal Skin
A foundation that not only gives you the dewy look but also safeguards your skin from the sun’s harsh and damaging rays is the Celefit Still Cover Cushion Pact. This foundation is perfect if you have normal skin as it has the moisturizing madecassoside along with the nourishing propolis and centella asiatica extracts.
- Contains extracts of centella asiatica leaves, propolis, madecassoside and squalane
- These moisture the skin and help the skin heal from irritation and inflammation
- Nourish and maintain the health of the skin
- Has full coverage
- Long lasting
- Available in 3 shades
- Contains SPF 50 for sun protection
- Gives the skin a healthy and radiant look
CATKIN BB Cream Air Cushion Foundation
Best Korean Foundation For Dewy Look For Combination Skin
First of all, let me tell you that I love the cover of the Catkin BB Cream Air Foundation. And secondly, of course, I love the foundation itself for the gorgeous dewy look it gives your skin. This BB Cream hides all blemishes, scars, age spots and other flaws like they never existed.
Not only that, it has both sebum absorbent properties plus intense hydration for taking care of both your dry patches as well as oily patches. Now, you understand why this is one of my favorites!
- Super lightweight formula
- Has sebum absorbent ingredients that give the skin a semi-matte finish
- Intensely hydrating, nourishing the skin and getting rid of dry patches
- Full coverage for smooth and flawless skin
- A great foundation for the complexities of combination skin
Related: Best Korean Foundations
Clio Kill Cover Glow Cushion
Best Korean Foundation For Dewy Look For Dry Skin
What keeps dry skin from achieving that dewy and radiant look is the lack of hydration and moisture in the skin. Tackle that with the deeply moisturising Clio Kill Cover Glow Cushion foundation that infuses the skin with an oil complex and retains this moisture the whole day with hyaluronic acid. It also adds to the glow with Collageneer for that dewy look.
- Deeply moisturising formula that contains an oil complex
- Hyaluronic acid locks in and retains this moisture for the whole day
- Keeps the skin plump and radiant
- Contains Collageneer which gives the skin a healthy glow
- Has SPF 50+ and PA+++ for optimum sun protection
- An intensely moisturising foundation for dry skin
Related: Best Korean Foundation For Oily Acne Prone Skin
JUNGSAEMMOOL Essential Skin Nuder Cushion
Best Korean Foundation For Dewy Look For Flawless Skin
One of the best Korean foundations that offer a super flawless and “no makeup” look is the Essential Skin Nuder Cushion by Jungsaemmool. In about 7 different shades, this brand is serious about you finding the shade that fits your skin perfectly to give you full coverage and flawless skin effortlessly.
- Moisturising foundation
- Spreads easily and evenly
- Gives high coverage
- Smoothens skin and evens out skin tone
- Covers all blemishes, fine lines, and age spots for flawless skin
- Gives skin the dewy look
- Available in 7 different shades to suit every skin tone
ETUDE HOUSE New Double Lasting Foundation
Best Korean Foundation For Dewy Look For Long Lasting Coverage
The New Double Lasting Foundation is one of the most popular Korean foundations used owing to the large number of shade options, its full coverage, smooth application plus the sun protection it offers.
- Lightweight, water based foundation
- Long lasting coverage, for close to 24 hours
- Keeps skin looking fresh and radiant with its “Double Fix System”
- Has SPF 35 and PA++ for protection from the sun’s UVA and UVB rays
- Available in 12 shades to suit all skin tones
GIVERNY Milchak Cover Cushion
Best Korean Foundation For Dewy Look For Beginners to Makeup
If you’re a beginner dabbling with makeup, try the Giverny Milchak Cover Cushion. This foundation blends easily and leaves you with a flawless complexion, along with protecting your skin from the sun
- Contains berry blossom and flower bud complex to nourish the skin and make it radiant
- Moist glass formula extracts the nutrients to nourish the skin
- Comes with SPF 50+ and PA++++ for maximum protection from the sun’s harsh UVA and UVB rays
- A nourishing foundation that gives the skin a dewy look
TROIAREUKE H+ Cushion Foundation
Troiareuke H+ Cushion Foundation is one of the best foundations for dewy look because of its medium coverage nature. It’s extremely lightweight, hydrating and gives a glowing effect. It’s best for sensitive, oily, combination, and spot-prone skin types.
I love this foundation particularly because of its ingredients i.e., portulaca oleracea extract, chamomilla recutita flower extract, and vitex agnus-castus extract which are beneficial for skin. I find it extremely easy to use as you just need to push the cushion to release the foundation.
There are 6 shades available that you can choose according to your skin type. The best part about it is that it contains SPF 50+/PA+++ that protects your skin from sun damage.
- Meant for for sensitive, oily, combination, and spot-prone skin types
- Skin benefitting, natural ingredients
- Dewy and glowy finish
- Medium coverage
- Easy to use
- Extremely hydrating and moisturising
- No-makeup makeup look
- Not for dry skin
What is a dewy makeup look?
A dewy look is the appearance of healthy, well moisturized skin. The natural oils in your skin or in the makeup products that you use, like a good quality Korean foundation, reflects the light and gives you a radiant glow.
How to figure out what is your undertone?
If you’re not sure what your skin undertone is then observe your veins. If they appear blue or purple then you probably have a cool undertone. If your veins appear green then it probably means that you have a warm undertone. And if your veins seem bluish green then you have a neutral undertone!
Do you put powder over dewy foundation?
Don’t apply power over a dewy foundation if you want a glossy and dewy look. Applying powder might block the effect and give you matte finish instead.
How do I make my foundation look dewy?
You can make your foundation look dewy by mixing your skincare with makeup. Always consider applying your moisturiser before foundation to get that glowy and dewy look.
Best Korean Cushion Foundation
My goal is to showcase the creativity and awesomeness of Korea and Korean products. I’m the head writer at bestkoreanproducts.com!