Hair loss, dandruff, or oily scalp – Korean beauty brands have a solution for all your hair problems. Best Korean shampoos have scalp and hair-friendly ingredients to not only clean but also nourish your hair and scalp.
The Koreans have some fantastic ingredients in their shampoos to give you healthier hair the gentle way, regardless of whether you have frizzy hair, straight or curly.
Are you looking for a shampoo that can solve your hair problems? You should definitely check out these top shampoos from K-beauty brands that formulate their hair care products to target a specific hair or scalp issue or hair type!
Check out the reviews for the best Korean shampoos out there:
Top Picks For Best Korean Shampoo
- Ryoe Korean Herbal – Recommended for damaged hair
- PURA D’OR Hair Thinning Therapy Shampoo – Recommended for reducing hair fall
- Whamisa Organic Seeds – Recommended for oily scalp
Top Korean Shampoo
|Best Korean Shampoo||Best For||Price|
|LG Reen Yungo Hair Cleansing Treatment Shampoo||Normal Hair||$14.90|
|Ryoe Korean Herbal||Damaged Hair||$15.37|
|Daeng Gi Meo Ri Ki Gold Premium Shampoo||Dandruff||$26.99|
|PURA D’OR Hair Thinning Therapy Shampoo||Hair fall||$24.99|
|Ryoe Jayang Yoon Mo Anti Hair loss Shampoo||Hair loss||$21.90|
|Kerasys Lovely and Romantic Perfumed Shampoo||Normal Hair||$23.98|
|Esthetic House CP-1 Nourishing Shampoo||Damaged Hair||$15.00|
|Whamisa Organic Seeds||Oily Scalp||$37.99|
|Premium TS Hair Loss Prevention Shampoo||Hair Growth||$35.00|
|Somang Korean Red Ginseng & Herbal Scalp Cleanser Shampoo||Dandruff||$38.50|
#1 — LG Reen Yungo Hair Cleansing Treatment Shampoo
Best Korean Shampoo For Normal Hair
That good squeaky clean feeling you get after a good shampoo is bliss, isn’t it? Try the LG Reen Yungo Hair Cleansing Treatment Shampoo that not cleans your hair but also takes care of the basic health of your scalp and hair with its gentle ingredients
- Contains the active ingredients red ginseng and saponin which help keep dandruff away while also strengthening the roots
- They act as mild exfoliants, getting rid of dead skin cells and cleansing the scalp well
- Wild ginger adds moisture to the hair and keeps it healthy and shiny
- Adds volume and bounce to the hair
- Has a beautiful fragrance
- Maintains health of the hair and scalp
#2 — Ryoe Korean Herbal Anti Hairloss Damaged Hair Shampoo
Best Korean Shampoo For Damaged Hair
Move away from chemicals and treat your hair with gentle herbs to bring on some vibrance, health and shine. Hair that has been subjected to a lot of damage, thanks to chemical treatments, can be revived with the herbal shampoo from Ryoe. It has a minty feel to it as you lather it up on your scalp which feels rather refreshing!
- Fermented Camellia Oil adds loads of moisture and hydrated to the hair, getting rid of dryness and bringing back the health
- Natural origin protein adds strength to the hair and improves elasticity
- Gold Michoacan extract protects the hair from further damage due to environmental elements
- Hairloss due to breakage is significantly reduced
- Reduces tangles and static and makes hair smoother, softer and shinier
- A great option for dry hair
#3 — Daeng Gi Meo Ri Ki Gold Premium Shampoo
Best Korean Shampoo For Dandruff
A premium shampoo that is chock full of antioxidants, Daeng Gi Meo Ri Ki Gold is health in a bottle. Especially formulated for hair that is prone to dandruff, this shampoo is very effective in not only reducing the flaky and itchiness but also promotes hair growth.
- The key ingredient, ginseng is a miracle herb for reducing hair loss, improving circulation and stimulating hair growth
- Reduces the occurrence of dandruff with its medicinal properties
- Panthenol moisturizes the hair and scalp and keeps them healthy
- The other ingredients like green tea and chang po cleanse the scalp, soothe and calm redness and itchiness
- A blessing if you have dandruff prone hair.
- May not be suitable if you have very dry hair
#4 — PURA D’OR Hair Thinning Therapy Shampoo
Best Korean Shampoo For Hair Fall
I know the agony when you see bunches of hair in the shower. It kinda wants you to stop brushing or washing your hair, but the truth is, all you need is a good anti-hairfall shampoo. The Hair Thinning Therapy Shampoo by Pura D’or is my recommendation as it is enriched with biotin and niacin to improve the health of your hair.
- The active ingredients are biotin and niacin
- Biotin is a vitamin that encourages hair growth, improves the texture and makes hair shinier
- Niacin improves the moisture content of your hair, making it thicker and stronger, so you don’t lose hair because of breakage
- Argan oil adds moisture to the hair and locks in the hydration
- Has a beautiful vanilla and lavender fragrance
- Works well to moisturise hair and reduce thinning
#5 — Ryoe Jayang Yoon Mo Anti Hair loss Shampoo
Best Korean Shampoo For Hair Loss
While everybody tells you that hair fall can only be controlled with a good diet intake, the Koreans believe in giving your hair a good diet externally. The Ryoe Jayang Yoon Mo Anti Hair loss Shampoo not only reduces hair fall due to breakage, but also strengthens the roots, de-stresses your scalp and reduces hair fall that might happen due to nutritional imbalance.
- Ginseng is the active ingredient that is Korea’s go-to medicine for all skin and hair related issues
- Ginseng actively nourishes the hair, the roots and scalp, strengthening them
- It stimulates hair growth
- Hair looks and feels healthier, shinier and thicker
- Can be used on both oily as well as dry hair
#6 — Kerasys Lovely and Romantic Perfumed Shampoo
Best Korean Shampoo For Normal hair
If you love fragrances like I do, then you will enjoy using the Kerasys Lovely and Romantic Perfumed Shampoo. With the scents of various flowers blended together, this perfume smells so heavenly. Of course, it is also gentle and cleans the scalp and hair well.
- Has a blend of orange blossom, jasmine, white peach, daisy flowers and cederwood to leave your hair smelling vibrant
- Ingredients clean the hair and scalp very well
- Basil leaf is a main ingredient that adds elasticity to the hair, making it stronger and lesser prone to breakage
- Makes hair smoother and easier to de-tangle
- Beautiful scented shampoo for hair that has no major issues
- Does not have heavy moisturising ingredients so may not be suitable for very dry hair
#7 — Esthetic House CP-1 Nourishing Shampoo
Best Korean Shampoo For Damaged Hair
Hair gets damaged due to heat and colouring treatments. You know better than anyone else that healthy hair = shiny, glossy hair. All the best hair products cannot do much for your hair if the basic health is missing. Esthetic House CP-1 Nourishing Shampoo works on this principle to infuse your hair with the necessary proteins to make the strands stronger, close the pores to make them shinier and add volume.
- Works on three levels- cleansing, balancing and nourishing
- Cleans hair and scalp well to remove all dirt and grime
- Balances the sebum production of the scalp and oil in the hair
- Nourishes the hair and scalp with proteins, amino acids and keratins
- Moisturises the hair with ceramides and natural oils to keep it well hydrated
- Effective in taking care of the overall health of hair and scalp
#8 — Whamisa Organic Seeds shampoo
Best Korean Shampoo For Oily scalp
While dry scalp comes with its issues of itchiness, dandruff and whatnot, oily scalp has other problems like that uncomfortably heavy feeling all the time. The problem with using many shampoos meant for oily scalp is that they dry the scalp completely leaving it worse than before. Whamisa Organic Seeds shampoo, on the other hand, controls the sebum production and hydrates the scalp just enough to keep it healthy.
- Soybean and fermented rice filtrates are the key ingredients that nourish the scalp and hair with vitamins and minerals
- Acts as a mild exfoliator that gets rid of the dead skin cells and controls the sebum production
- Purely natural and organic, free of sulphates and parabens
- One of the best shampoos you can find for oily scalp
- Not to be used if you have dry scalp
#9 — Premium TS Hair Loss Prevention Shampoo
Best Korean Shampoo For Hair Growth
One of the biggest hair woes is hairfall. Thought it may have many reasons like poor diet and health conditions behind it, we can always use a good shampoo that can help to a large extent. The Premium TS Hair Loss Prevention Shampoo is a magical blend of close to 30 ingredients that actually work in preventing hair loss.
- The active ingredients are a blend of 22 botanical extracts. These include green tea and ginseng which are popularly known for their properties of soothing the skin and promoting hair growth respectively
- There are 7 other ingredients that work on strengthening the hair and scalp
- One of the main ingredients is keratin that smoothens the hair, improves elasticity and makes the hair stronger
- It also contains the vitamin Biotin that reduces hair fall
- Effectively reduces hair fall and improves overall hair health
#10 — Somang Korean Red Ginseng & Herbal Scalp Cleanser Shampoo
Best Korean Shampoo For Dandruff
If you think you are seeing so many products with ginseng in them, well, that’s cos Ginseng is certainly Korea’s miracle herb. With its potential to cure all skin and hair ailments, bring about vitality and health, it is no surprise that the best Korean shampoos contain this ingredient.
The Somang Red Ginseng & Herbal Scalp Cleanser Shampoo balances the pH levels of your scalp, gets rid of dandruff and makes your hair super healthy.
- Contains red ginseng as its primary ingredient which lends the red colour to the shampoo
- Cures your scalp of dandruff and cleans thoroughly while also makes the roots stronger
- Gently exfoliates to get rid of dead skin cells and de-clogs the pores
- Black sesame seed is the other active ingredient that moisturises the hair
- Works amazingly to cure dandruff
How to Choose the Best Korean Shampoos
There are three things you need to consider when choosing the best Korean Shampoo – ingredients, your hair type and reviews.
Ingredients: Avoid shampoos that may contain possible irritants that may cause a reaction to your scalp. Avoid synthetic shampoos with harsh ingredients. Instead opt for shampoos with organic herbal and floral extracts.
Hair Type: Korean hair care products are formulated according to hair and scalp type. So choose a Korean shampoo that suits your hair type and scalp. If you have oily hair and flaky scalp, opt for clarifying Korean shampoos. Whereas if you have brittle, dry, and frizzy hair, choose Korean shampoos that have a deep nourishing effect.
Reviews: Research before you buy any skincare or hair care products. You’ll find plenty of blogs just like mine, or even K-beauty products reviewers on platforms like Youtube. These guys give out detailed reviews about each product. And that’s sure to help you make a decision!
Important Factors to Consider When Choosing the best Korean Shampoo for You
Common Hair Problems
Are there any hair problems you’re dealing with? Like hair loss, infections, or any other disorders that cause itchy scalp and scaling. It’s okay, these are some common hair problems faced by a lot of people, including me! But the more educated you are about your problem, the better you can treat it and take care of it.
Hair loss: Hair loss or alopecia is a common hair problem amongst both men and women. If you have hair loss that’s more than normal then you may have inherited tendency to ‘common baldness’. However, if you’re experiencing hair loss suddenly, there’s a long list of possible underlying reasons like stress, diet, hormonal changes, medications, or any other underlying diseases.
But if hair loss is something you’ve always dealt with then it may be inherited. In men, the most common cause of hair loss is ‘male pattern baldness’. Symptoms are a receding hairline along with baldness at the top of the head.
In women, the most common cause of hair loss is also female pattern baldness. The symptom is thinning of hair over the entire scalp.
If you have hair loss in round, small patches then you may have a hair loss problem known as Alopecia areata. Traction alopecia is caused if you tie your hair too tight into a ponytail or brands. This is seen when you have hair loss at the hairline. Certain diseases, poor nutrition, medicines and treatment may also cause hair loss
Infections: Bacterial infection of hair follicles, lice infestation, or scalp ringworm fungal infection can also cause hair loss. This also causes intense itching and flaking of the scalp excessively.
DIY Solutions for Treating Hair Problems
Use a mild shampoo to wash your hair
Prevent hair loss by washing your hair everyday but make sure you use a mild shampoo. It keeps your hair and scalp clean and healthy without drying it out. It also reduces risk of infections and dandruff that can cause hair loss.
Take essential vitamins for hair loss
You may have hair loss due to vitamin deficiency. Take Vitamin A, E and B supplements as these increase cell and sebum production in your scalp, improve blood circulation to improve hair follicles productivity, and maintain healthy color, respectively.
Add protein to your diet
Lean meats, soy, fish and other proteins promote hair growth and health and also reduces hair loss
Massage hair and scalp with essential oils
To activate your hair follicles, massage your scalp with essential oils for a couple of minutes. Add lavender in olive oil or almond oil.
Don’t brush wet hair
When wet, your hair is weak. So brushing wet hair makes it prone to breakage. Use a wide-toothed comb instead if you want comb wet hair. To untangle, use your fingers and then comb or brush. Brushing your hair too often can increase hair loss too.
Apply onion juice, garlic juice, or ginger juice
You can apply any of these juices to your scalp and leave it overnight. Wash it off in the morning. Do it regularly, and you’ll see positive results within a week.
Drink a minimum of one litre of water everyday to stay hydrated as your hair shaft is made if one-quarter of water. This will also contribute towards growth of healthy hair.
Rub green tea into your hair
Applying green tea into your hair may help reduce hair loss. Brew two bags of green bags in one cup of water, let it cool, and then apply it to your hair. After an hour, rinse your hair thoroughly. Do this regularly, and you should see positive results in about 10 days.
Avoid Alcoholic Beverages
Alcohol intake can increase your hair loss problem as alcohol is known to reduce hair growth. Decreasing or eliminating alcohol intake can improve your hair growth.
Cigarettes reduce the blood flow to the scalp that can cause reduced hair growth.
Make yourself active and perform some physical activity every day
Engage in some physical activity on a daily basis. It helps balancing hormonal levels and reduces stress thus reducing hair fall.
Stress can also lead to hair loss. Practice meditation or yoga to de-stress yourself. This also restores hormonal balance.
Avoid Constant heating & drying
Don’t use heat on your hair on a regular basis as it weakens the proteins in your hair thus making your hair weak and fragile which can cause hair loss.
Essential Ingredients in Hair Shampoos
Sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium Laureth sulfate are two common surfactants that are present in the shampoo. This helps create foam and emulsifies the dirt and grime in your hair and scalp. But these surfactants can also cause dryness and irritation. Instead opt for shampoos with detergent lauryl glucoside – these are safe and gentle on your hair and scalp.
- Take care of your fragile under eye skin with these moisturizing Korean eye creams. Check it out!
- Get your skin makeup ready with these amazing Korean BB Creams. Check it out!
- Give your skin an instant boost of hydration with these Korean face mists!
Best Korean Shampoo
Here are the best Korean shampoo for long luscious hair
Product SKU: 0009876TYG78687
Product Brand: LG Reen Yungo
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 14.90
Price Valid Until: 2021
Product In Stock: https://schema.org/InStock