There’s a fine line between oily skin and dewy skin. And these types of Korean serums for oily skin can help you get that dewy skin you’ve always wanted!
Oily skin needs a bit of TLC. You put too much or the wrong stuff, and you’re going to be sitting like an oily duck with lots of acne. But if you use the right skincare products, you will have skin that doesn’t break out into acne, and looks fresh the whole day.
Serums play an important role in taking care of your skin. Korean serums are made of ingredients that penetrate the layers of your skin and nourish it the way a normal moisturizer cannot.
Top Korean Serums for Oily skin
|Top Korean Serums for Oily Skin||Ingredients||Link|
|Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Serum||Green Tea||View On Amazon|
|SKINMISO Pore Minimizing Serum||Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract||View On Amazon|
|Mizon AHA 8% Peeling Serum||Glycolic Acid.||View On Amazon|
|Meebak Cica Face Serum||Cica Extract||View On Amazon|
|9 Wishes Hydra Skin Ampoule Serum||Hyaluronic Acid||View On Amazon|
|COSRX Propolis Light Ampule||Bee Propolis||View On Amazon|
|Dear Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum||Tomato Extract, Beta-Glucan||View On Amazon|
|The Face Shop Whiteseed Brightening Serum||Niacinamide||View On Amazon|
|PURITO Centella Green Level Buffet Serum||Centella Asiatica Extract||View On Amazon|
|SOME BY MI Aha.Bha.Pha 30 Days Miracle Serum||Centella Asiatica Extract||View On Amazon|
Which is the best Korean serums for oily skin?
I tested several Korean serum formulated for oily skin to find the best one. I tested them based on its hydrating and moisturizing power, formula, ingredients, and application. I found that Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Serum is the best Korean serums for oily skin.
Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Serum contains green tea seed that is rich in anti-oxidants that fight free radicals and keep signs of aging away. It is also infused with camellia leaf extract, citrus peel extracts and orchid extracts soften the skin to improve skin texture, and make the skin radiant. It is available on Amazon and costs $22.75
My Favorite Picks For Top Korean Serum For Oily Skin
- Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Serum – Rich in antioxidants
- Mizon AHA 8% Peeling Serum – Soothes the skin and reduces inflammation
- Dear Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum – Regulates skin’s oil production to prevent clogged pores
Top Korean Serums For Oily Skin 2023
tik tok told me this serum gives the ‘korean girl’ perfect skin look,— MAKAYLA LONDON (@MVKDRE) December 1, 2022
i’m ready to see the hype pic.twitter.com/hMgpXrHdT9
How to Choose the Best Korean Serum for Oily Skin?
When choosing the best Korean serum for oily skin make sure to check the ingredients list so it’s suitable for oily skin. Also check the type of serum you’re choosing. And finally, before you buy a serum for oily skin, check the reviews!
Ingredients: Avoid serums that are formulated with a high percentage of exfoliating acids. Instead opt for serums that have a smaller percentage of exfoliating acids for gentle and daily exfoliation. It’s recommended to go for serums that are formulated with safe, botanical, and organic ingredients like hyaluronic acid, and plant or flower extracts.
Other than this make sure to read the ingredients list carefully to ensure that the formulation doesn’t contain ingredients that might trigger a reaction, inflammation or redness or cause any irritation in general. It’s always recommended to do a patch test before application.
Type: You’ll find different types of serums available for oily skin formulated for a specific skin concern like anti aging serum, exfoliating serum, hydrating type, or renewing serum. Select one based on what your skin needs.
Reviews: If you’re still not sure, it’s best to check out authentic reviews of the serums. You’ll find lots of beauty expert bloggers, reviewers online.
What are the types of face serum and what they do?
There are a few different types of face serum, but at it’s core serums are moisturizing and hydrating agents. They help to restore and keep your skin hydrated by providing it with the necessary moisture and oil balance. They can be used on the face, body, or hair, and they are often used as part of a skincare routine.
There are many types of face serum, but they all have one common goal – to promote healthy skin.
Some face serums are designed to improve skin’s appearance, while others are designed to treat underlying skin conditions. Other types of face serum include anti-aging, acne-fighting, and sun protection.
Here are some of the most commonly used types of face serum.
- Anti-aging serum – This type of serum is designed to help improve the appearance of wrinkles and age spots. It can also help reduce the appearance of sun damage and other signs of aging.
- Serum for acne – Acne serums contain ingredients that help clear up pimples and prevent them from returning. They can also help reduce the severity of acne and restore balance to the skin’s oil production cycle.
- Serum for dry skin – Dry skin serums contain ingredients that help reduce the appearance of dryness and wrinkles, as well as promote better hydration levels in the skin.
Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Serum
As a skincare enthusiast always on the lookout for products that can give my skin the hydration and nourishment it craves, I recently gave Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Serum a try. With all the hype surrounding this serum, I was eager to see if it lived up to its reputation. Here’s a detailed review of my experience with this popular skincare product:
Ingredients and Formula:
Innisfree’s The Green Tea Seed Serum boasts a star ingredient: green tea extract. Known for its antioxidant properties, green tea extract is a beloved component in skincare due to its ability to soothe, protect, and rejuvenate the skin. The formula also includes other natural ingredients that align with Innisfree’s commitment to using eco-friendly and ethically sourced components.
Consistency and Feel:
The consistency of the serum is what I’d describe as lightweight and silky. It’s not overly thick or runny, making it easy to apply and spread evenly across the skin. Upon application, the serum is absorbed quickly, leaving behind a non-greasy, dewy finish. It’s a texture that’s suitable for various skin types, from oily to dry.
One of the first things I noticed about this serum was its refreshing and subtle fragrance. It’s reminiscent of the natural scent of green tea, which I found quite pleasant and not overpowering at all. The scent lingers for a while but is not overwhelming, which I appreciated.
Effects on My Skin:
After incorporating Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Serum into my skincare routine, I noticed a positive impact on my skin. The serum provided an instant boost of hydration, leaving my skin feeling plump and moisturized. It helped to calm any minor redness I had and gave my complexion a healthy, dewy glow. Over time, I noticed that my skin appeared smoother and more even-toned.
- Lightweight, non-greasy texture that absorbs quickly.
- Provides an immediate burst of hydration to the skin.
- Suitable for various skin types due to its balanced formula.
- The natural scent of green tea is pleasant and not overwhelming.
- Helps soothe redness and adds a healthy glow to the complexion.
- While the serum is moisturizing, those with extremely dry skin might need an additional layer of moisturizer during colder months.
- The price might be a bit higher compared to some other serums on the market.
Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Serum proved to be a delightful addition to my skincare routine. Its lightweight texture, effective hydration, and calming properties were major pluses for me. I found that it worked well as a daytime serum, providing a great base for makeup application. While it might not be an ultra-rich serum for those with very dry skin, it can still be a beneficial layer in your skincare regimen.
As with any skincare product, individual results may vary, so it’s essential to consider your skin’s unique needs and characteristics. Overall, I’m happy to have incorporated this serum into my routine, and I can see why it has gained such a devoted following among skincare enthusiasts.
- The active ingredient, green tea seed has antioxidant properties that fight free radical damage and keeps your skin looking youthful
- The minerals in green tea seed nourish your skin from within
- The other ingredients like camellia leaf extract, citrus peel extracts and orchid extracts give the skin a smooth texture and a subtle glow
- Skin feels hydrated and refreshed on using this serum
- Gentle and safe on oily skin
SKINMISO Pore Minimizing Serum
My Experience with SKINMISO Pore Minimizing Serum: A First-Person Review
As someone who’s always striving to achieve a smoother and more refined complexion, I was excited to give the SKINMISO Pore Minimizing Serum a try. Promising to target enlarged pores and provide a more even skin texture, this serum had my attention from the get-go. After incorporating it into my skincare routine, I’m eager to share my thoughts and experiences with this product.
Ingredients and Formula:
The SKINMISO Pore Minimizing Serum boasts an ingredient list that includes niacinamide (Vitamin B3) as its key component. Niacinamide is known for its ability to regulate sebum production, improve skin texture, and reduce the appearance of pores. This serum also features other skin-loving ingredients designed to tackle pore concerns and promote a smoother complexion.
Consistency and Feel:
The serum itself has a lightweight and slightly gel-like consistency. It spreads smoothly across the skin and is easily absorbed without leaving any sticky residue behind. I found that a little goes a long way, and the serum effortlessly glides over the skin, making it comfortable to apply.
One thing I appreciated about this serum was its subtle and barely noticeable fragrance. It has a clean and fresh scent that dissipates quickly after application. This is a bonus for those who prefer skincare products with minimal fragrance.
Effects on My Skin:
After using the SKINMISO Pore Minimizing Serum consistently, I noticed that my skin felt smoother and appeared more refined. The serum seemed to help control excess oil production, which in turn contributed to a reduction in the visibility of my pores. Over time, my complexion looked more even and less prone to congestion.
- Lightweight and easily absorbable texture.
- Niacinamide-rich formula targets pore concerns and sebum regulation.
- Provides a smoother and more refined complexion.
- Clean and subtle fragrance.
- Can be integrated seamlessly into both morning and evening routines.
- While effective, visible results may take a bit of time to become apparent.
- Those with extremely sensitive skin may want to do a patch test due to the presence of certain plant extracts.
The SKINMISO Pore Minimizing Serum was a welcome addition to my skincare lineup. Its lightweight texture and niacinamide-rich formula made it a standout choice for addressing pore-related issues. While the results weren’t instantaneous, I appreciated the consistent improvements I observed in my skin’s texture and overall appearance. I found that it worked well alongside my other skincare products and didn’t cause any adverse reactions.
As with any skincare product, patience is key, and individual results can vary based on factors like skin type and existing concerns. For those seeking a serum to target enlarged pores and promote a more even complexion, the SKINMISO Pore Minimizing Serum is certainly worth considering. It’s important to integrate it into a comprehensive skincare routine for the best results and give it time to work its magic.
- The active ingredients in this serum are hyaluronic acid, witch hazel extract and allantoin
- Hyaluronic acid locks in moisture and keeps the skin hydrated without making it oily
- Witch Hazel extract soothes the skin, reduces inflammation and reduces blemishes
- It also has antibacterial properties that keep acne away
- Allantoin stimulates cell regeneration, helping skin repair itself
- Skin looks tighter and pores are visibly smaller quite immediately
Mizon AHA 8% Peeling Serum
I was intrigued by the Mizon AHA 8% Peeling Serum as it promised smoother and brighter skin through the power of alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), I couldn’t wait to see how this serum would fare in my routine. After incorporating it into my skincare regimen, here’s my firsthand experience and thoughts on this product.
Ingredients and Formula: The Mizon AHA 8% Peeling Serum boasts glycolic acid as its primary ingredient, an AHA known for its exfoliating and skin-renewing properties. The formula also includes a mix of natural extracts and botanicals that provide additional benefits to the skin. It’s essential to note that AHAs can increase the skin’s sensitivity to the sun, so proper sun protection is crucial when using products with active ingredients like glycolic acid.
Consistency and Feel: The serum has a lightweight and slightly watery consistency, which makes it easy to spread across the skin. It doesn’t feel heavy or greasy upon application. I found that a few drops of the serum were sufficient to cover my entire face. It’s worth mentioning that I experienced a slight tingling sensation upon application, which is common when using products with AHAs.
Smell: The serum has a faint, slightly medicinal scent that dissipates quickly after application. While it might not be the most pleasant fragrance, it’s not overpowering and doesn’t linger on the skin.
Effects on My Skin: After using the Mizon AHA 8% Peeling Serum consistently, I noticed a significant improvement in the texture and tone of my skin. My complexion appeared smoother, more even, and had a subtle glow. I also noticed that my skincare products, including moisturizers and serums, seemed to absorb more effectively after using the serum. However, I did make sure to apply sunscreen during the day due to the increased sun sensitivity caused by AHAs.
- Lightweight and easy-to-apply consistency.
- Glycolic acid effectively exfoliates and promotes skin renewal.
- Noticeable improvements in skin texture and tone.
- Compatible with other skincare products when used correctly.
- Comes in a convenient dropper bottle.
- Some users might experience initial tingling or sensitivity, especially if new to AHAs.
- Scent might not be appealing to everyone.
- Requires consistent use and proper sun protection due to increased sun sensitivity.
Final Thoughts: The Mizon AHA 8% Peeling Serum proved to be a powerful addition to my skincare routine. Its glycolic acid formula effectively exfoliated my skin, leading to smoother and brighter results over time. While the initial tingling sensation and the serum’s scent might not be for everyone, the visible improvements in my complexion made it a worthy addition to my routine. Proper sun protection is a must when incorporating AHAs into your regimen, as sun sensitivity is a potential side effect.
For those seeking a targeted exfoliation treatment that can reveal smoother and more radiant skin, the Mizon AHA 8% Peeling Serum is worth considering. As always, individual results can vary based on factors like skin type and tolerance, so it’s essential to introduce such potent products carefully and give your skin time to adjust.
- The active ingredient is AHA or glycolic acid
- It exfoliates the skin, getting rid of dead skin cells and reduces the appearance of blemishes and dark spots
- Contains papaya which removes tan and lightens the skin
- Other ingredients like panthenol hydrate the skin, aloe along with Portulaca Oleracea extract soothes the skin and reduces inflammation, and arnica extract keeps acne and skin infections away
Meebak Cica Face Serum
This top Korean serum for oily skin, Meebak, is the new kid on the Korean skincare block with its innovative products that combine modern technology with traditional science. The Cica face serum is super gentle on your skin, while supplying it with essential nutrients.
- The main ingredient, cica has been known for its role in treating skin infections like eczema, psoriasis and for healing scars
- It is very gentle and its antibacterial properties keep the skin clear of acne and other possible infections
- It’s a good anti-inflammatory agent and it cools the skin, reducing redness and rashes
- The other ingredients are retinol that firms the skin, hyaluronic acid that hydrates, niacinamide that brightens the skin and fig extracts that exfoliate the skin
- A suitable product for sensitive skin
9 Wishes Hydra Skin Ampoule Serum
Oily skin does not necessarily mean that your skin is well hydrated. Lots of times, oily skin is dehydrated because we are afraid of using moisturizers and serums that might end up making the skin look worse. Try our next top Korean serum for oily skin, 9 Wishes Hydra Skin Ampoule Serum, which is a good solution for the problem.
- The primary ingredients are ceramides and hyaluronic acid. While the former moisturises, the latter locks in this moisture and keeps the skin hydrated
- Squalane Phyto Oligo is the other ingredient that is also an excellent moisturiser that deeply penetrates. It also soothes the skin and reduces swelling, rashes and redness
- Has coconut water that hydrates the skin
- The serum has antioxidants which make this a great anti-ageing serum as well
- Perfect for sensitive and dehydrated skin
COSRX Propolis Light Ampule Serum
A couple of drops of our next top Korean serum for oily skin, COSRX Propolis Light Ampule serum, is all you need for rich hydration and supple, glowing skin. Light and easily absorbed, this nourishes your oily skin without making it look greasy. You could call this a medicine to keep acne away!
- Black propolis is the primary ingredient that is known for its antibacterial properties
- Keeps acne away and heals the breakouts that have erupted on your skin
- The anti inflammatory properties help calm the skin, reduce the temperature of your skin, bring down swelling and redness
- The serum has no fragrances that could trigger acne
- Hypoallergenic, can be used by acne prone and sensitive skin
Dear Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum
Dear Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum is a best seller and that is no surprise. This serum is a miracle for your skin, evening out the texture, smoothening it and nourishing it to keep it healthy.
- Hyaluronic acid is one of the active ingredients that is perfect for oily skin as it hydrates without causing the skin to produce more sebum
- The other two active ingredients are licorice extracts and lotus flower extracts
- While licorice is used in many herbal remedies to soothe the skin and bring down redness and irritation, lotus flower extracts brighten your skin, supply it with vitamin C and help even the skin tone
- Great for hot places and for summers as the serum cools the skin down
Check out this top Korean serum for oily skin below!
THE FACE SHOP Whiteseed Brightening Serum
THE FACE SHOP Whiteseed Brightening Serum is a serum that you can use for getting rid of dark spots and blemishes left behind by acne. It hydrates the skin just right to ensure that you don’t develop further acne.
- Contains GMO free whiteseed extract that is traditionally used for lightening the skin’s complexion
- The primary ingredients are niacinamide to brighten the skin and HR Hexylresorcinol that reduces the appearance of blemishes. It evens out the skin tone
- Panthenol and Hyaluronic acid are the best moisturisers for oily skin as they hold back water and provide the skin with hydration
- Brightens and lightens the skin’s complexion
Check out this top Korean serum for oily skin below!
PURITO Centella Green Level Buffet Serum
Centella Asiatica is widely used in many Korean skincare products to help your skin heal from infections and injuries. Purito uses this in the Centella Green Level Buffet Serum to give your skin optimum benefits.
- A high amount of Centella Asiatica is the active ingredient in this serum that helps the skin heal, boosts circulation and helps the cells regenerate
- It strengthens the skin barrier and makes the skin more supple and elastic
- It calms irritated skin and brings down inflammation
- It also contains panthenol and adenosine that moisturise the skin, tighten it, keep away wrinkles and make your skin youthful
- Heals and repairs skin, calms and soothes it
Check out this top Korean serum for oily skin below!
SOME BY MI Aha.Bha.Pha 30Days Miracle Serum
This serum is an all rounder. It exfoliates, cools the skin, heals it and keeps infections away!
- The active ingredient is 10,000 ppm of tea tree extracts which is an antimicrobial, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory
- It keeps skin infections and acne away and helps bring down redness
- The AHA, BHA and PHA in the serum gently exfoliate, get rid of dead skin cells and brighten the skin
- Asiatic Pennyworth strengthens the skin barrier
- The serum hydrates the skin and controls the production of excess sebum by the skin
- It gives your skin a fresh, smooth texture, free of acne and oil
- A one in a kind serum that gives you complete skincare
Check out this top Korean serum for oily skin below!
Korean Serums for Oily Skin: FAQs
What Type of Serum is Best for Oily Skin?
Serums that are able to calm your skin and decrease the natural oil production of your skin are best for oily skin. Something that is light and hydrating is what you should go for.
How Long Does It Take To Notice the Results After Using the Serums?
Like everything else, nothing happens overnight and serums also take time to show results. Give your new serum at least four weeks to a month’s time to see noticeable results.
Do you need serum for oily skin?
Those with oily skin must use a serum as it will keep the skin moisturized throughout the day and avoid the skin going into an overdrive to produce sebum. In fact Korean serums for oily skin are specially formulated to reduce sebum production making it the perfect addition to the skincare routine for oily skin.
Is Korean skincare good for oily skin?
Korean skincare products formulated for oily skin are great to reduce and maintain oily skin as it contains sebum-controlling ingredients like salicylic acid, niacinamide, and vitamin C. These ingredients also help clean out pores in oily skin!
Is snail serum good for oily skin?
Snail serum is a great option for oily skin and acne prone skin as it reduces pigmentation, soothes inflamed skin, and heals acne scars.
In the world of skincare, finding the perfect serum for oily skin can be a game-changer, and the Korean beauty industry has risen to the challenge with a wide array of effective options. From lightweight formulas to innovative ingredients, these Korean serums are tailored to address the unique needs of oily skin.
By harnessing the power of natural extracts, advanced technology, and time-tested wisdom, these serums offer a harmonious blend of tradition and innovation.
Whether you’re targeting excess sebum production, enlarged pores, or simply seeking a balanced and radiant complexion, the realm of Korean serums presents a range of choices. Remember, while these serums can work wonders, consistency is key.
Incorporating the right serum into your daily routine, paired with a holistic approach to skincare, will likely yield the best results. So, embark on your journey towards healthier, more radiant skin with confidence, knowing that Korean serums have your oily skin’s best interest at heart.
Why You Should Trust BestKoreanProducts?
All our editors including the author of this article, Jih Yun do extensive research on the products reviewed and recommended in the article. We also use these products ourself to give you accurate, first hand information without any prejudice or bias. BestKoreanproducts has also got a team of medical reviewers and skincare experts to help give accurate advice and provide research-based facts concerning a product, its formulation or ingredients.
- Best Korean Oil Cleanser for Oily Skin
- Types of Korean Sunscreens For Oily Skin
- Top Korean Moisturizer For Oily Skin
My goal is to showcase the creativity and awesomeness of Korea and Korean products. I’m the head writer at bestkoreanproducts.com!