Oil cleansers are a paradox. But an amazing one at that. Life has changed since the time oil cleansers were introduced as they clean the unwanted oils from your skin, leaving back the essential and naturally occurring ones.
What is Korean Cleansing Oil?
In the US oil cleansers aren’t as popular and they are used as a makeup remover. However, Korean believe that your skin has to be thoroughly cleaned before it can absorb serums, toners, moisturizers, etc.
Hence, Korean love the double cleanse method that involves first cleansing your face using an oil cleanser and then washing it again using cleansing water.
Korean cleansing oils removes bad oils in your skin and also attaches itself to dirt and impurities in the skin.
It doesn’t clog your pores, rather gets rid of excess oil and cleanses your face. Korean oil cleansers are specially formulated depending on skin type including oily skin and acne-prone skin.
|Best Korean Oil Cleansers||Best For||Price|
|Missha Super Off Cleansing Oil||Best Korean Oil Cleansers For Acne-prone Skin||$28.95|
|Dear Klairs, Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil||Best Korean Cleansing Oils For Sensitive skin||$23.00|
|Innisfree Apple Seed Cleansing Oil||Best Korean Oil Cleansers For Dry Skin||$12.60|
|DHC Deep Cleansing Oil||Best Korean Oil Cleanser For Normal Skin Type||$27.69|
|Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil||Best Korean Oil Cleansers For Oily Skin||$14.00|
|The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Light Cleansing Oil||Best Korean Oil Cleansers For Combination Skin||$15.00|
|Tonymoly Wonder Apricot Deep Cleansing Oil||Best Korean Oil Cleanser For Sensitive Skin||$16.50|
|Wandering Seoul: Gentle Deep Cleansing Camellia Olive Oil||Best Korean Oil Cleansers For Acne||$5.99|
|Hanskin Pore Cleansing Oil||Top Korean Oil Cleansers For Acne-prone Skin||$27.00|
|Neogen Dermalogy Real Cica Micellar Cleansing Oil||Top Korean Oil Cleansers For Dry Skin||$28.00|
Why is Double cleansing important?
Through the day a lot of sebum, dirt, makeup, grime, dead skin cells, pollutants, and bacteria settle on the skin. This can settle on the pores and cause them to clog.
This, in turn, leads to whiteheads, blackheads, acne, dull skin.
Using a cleansing oil followed by a mild foaming cleanser ensures that your skin gets rid of both oil-based and water-based debris.
The double-cleansing method is a great way to deep cleanse your skin before you apply skincare products and makeup.
Also, another reason why double cleaning is important is that it can easily get rid of waterproof makeup including waterproof eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. Cleaning oils get rid of excess oils from your skin without completely stripping the skin off its moisture.
Korean oil cleansers are some of the most amazing products you can use, you already know that if you have tried them out and if you haven’t, here are the best Korean oil cleansers available today. Check it out! (and share it with your friends as well!)
Which is the best Korean cleansing oil?
We tested several Korean cleansing oils on parameters like ingredients, cleansing properties, and texture. We found that Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil is the best Korean cleansing oil.
Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil is formulated with apricot oil, coconut oil, grape seed oil. With anti-aging and anti-oxidant properties, it imporves the texture of the skin and moisturizes skin deeply. It has a non-comedogenic formula and is recommended for oily skin. With consistent use, this oil cleanser can fade scars and blemishes. Costing $13.85 on Amazon, this oil cleanser works to gently exfoliate, reduce acne, and soothe redness
Our Top Picks For Best Oil Cleansers
- Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil – Recommended for oily skin
- Tonymoly Wonder Apricot Deep Cleansing Oil – Recommended for sensitive skin
- Innisfree Apple Seed Cleansing Oil – Recommended for dry skin
- Top Korean Oil Cleansers
- Missha Super Off Cleansing Oil
- Dear Klairs, Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil
- Innisfree Apple Seed Cleansing Oil
- DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
- Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil – Best Korean Oil Cleansers
- The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Light Cleansing Oil
- Tonymoly Wonder Apricot Deep Cleansing Oil
- Wandering Seoul: Gentle Deep Cleansing Camellia Olive Oil
- Hanskin Pore Cleansing Oil
- Neogen Dermalogy Real Cica Micellar Cleansing Oil
Top Korean Oil Cleansers
Missha Super Off Cleansing Oil
Best Korean Oil Cleansers For Acne-prone Skin
Say goodbye to that horrible parched feeling you get after washing your face with a soap or face wash. Missha Super Off Cleansing Oil removes makeup, even the waterproof ones, grime and dust and hydrates your skin. There are no harmful sulfates, parabens, or heavy mineral oils.
- Contains Argania Spinosa Kernal oil, Sweet almond oil, Shea butter
- Skin type this is best for: All types of skin, including acne prone
- Infuses moisture
- Removes the toughest of makeup and dirt
- No mineral oils that may clog the pores and leave the skin oily
- Natural shea butter moisturizes skin
- Almond oil nourishes it with Vitamin E
- Argania Spinosa Kernal oil makes it squeaky clean
Check out the best Korean oil cleansers by Missha below
Related: Use a Korean face wash after an oil cleanser for a double cleanse. Check out hydrating Korean face washes for dry skin here!
Dear Klairs, Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil
Best Korean Oil Cleansers For Sensitive skin
The Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil by Dear, Klairs is a true luxury for your skin. This lightweight oil turns creamy on contact with water and feels like a massage with foam when you apply. This is perfect for sensitive skin as it is mild and gentle
- Contains Black bean oil, black sesame oil, black currant seed oil
- Creamy texture that moisturises the skin as it cleans
- Gentle and mild cleanser
- Soothes and calms the skin
- Prevents breakouts and rashes
- Deep cleans pores, controls sebum, soothes the skin
Related: Use a toner for sensitive skin after cleansing to balance the pH of your skin. Here are Korean toners formulated for sensitive skin!
Innisfree Apple Seed Cleansing Oil
Best Korean Oil Cleansers For Dry Skin
Easily accessible in any big city, Innisfree has some of the best Korean skincare products you need. The Apple Seed Cleansing Oil reminds you of fresh skin, as fresh as a basket of ripe, green apples. You do get a mild fragrance of apples that lingers on your skin after you use this. This is a heavily moisturising cleanser, perfect for dry skin.
- Infused with Apple seed oil
- Medium thick consistency. Very little goes a long way
- Heavy moisturising element
- Very gentle on the skin
- Washes away easily
- Removes makeup and sunscreen completely
- Hydrates the skin very well
Related: Use a Korean Face mist for an instant hydration boost. Check it out here!
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
Best Korean Oil Cleanser For Normal Skin Type
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil is one of the most sold products among Korean oil cleansers and for good reason. This popular cleansing oil containing pure organic olive oil is a good moisturiser, a deep pore cleanser and one of the best antioxidants you can find. This is water soluble and can be rinsed off easily.
- Olive oil is a traditional antioxidant
- Anti-ageing treatment for the skin
- Removes complex makeup quickly, including waterproof mascara and eyeliner
- Hydrates skin and plumps it
- Can we washed off easily
- Minel oil- free
- Rich antioxidant and a wonderful anti-ageing cleansing oil
- Suitable for all skin types
Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil – Best Korean Oil Cleansers
Best Korean Oil Cleansers For Oily Skin
Real Art Cleansing oil is a mild exfoliant that removes dead skin cells as it cleans the skin, giving you brighter looking skin after every wash. It is a water soluble formula that quickly foams and rinses away, leaving no residue behind.
- Infused with Apricot oil, coconut oil, grape seed oil
- Anti-oxidant and anti-ageing treatment
- Mild exfoliater
- Moisturises deeply
- Non-comodogenic and can be used by those who have very oily skin
- Fades scars and blemishes over time
- Reduces the occurrence of acne and soothes redness
- Water soluble formula
- Anti-ageing properties
- Reduces scars and blemishes
Check out this best Korean oil cleansers by Etude House below!
The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Light Cleansing Oil
Best Korean Oil Cleansers For Combination Skin
Rice water is something that is traditionally used by many cultures to give you soft, glowing skin. It is an excellent cleansing agent as well that does the job without stripping off the naturally occurring oils in your skin. The Face Shop Rice Water Cleansing oil has moringa oil blended with it to provide extra moisture for your skin.
- Infused with Rice water, Moringa oil
- Gives you bright skin
- Fades tan and lightens complexion
- Deeps cleans skin and moisturises
- Washes away makeup, sunscreen and environmental dirt.
- Perfect to be used as a first step in the double cleansing routine
Tonymoly Wonder Apricot Deep Cleansing Oil
Best Korean Oil Cleansers For Sensitive Skin
The Apricot deep cleansing oil by Tonymoly comes as a water soluble formula that rinses off easily removing the dirt and grime with it. The other ingredients moisturise the skin, heal and repair it from the damage caused due to sun exposure and harsh chemicals.
- Infused with Apricot seed oil, pomegranate seed oil and jojoba oil, macadamia oil
- Water soluble formula
- Anti-ageing effect
- Soothes, calms the skin and heals rashes caused due to harsh weather conditions
- Cleans the pores and helps remove tough makeup and dirt
- Gentle on the skin
- Moisturises skin
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
- Heals the skin
Wandering Seoul: Gentle Deep Cleansing Camellia Olive Oil
Best Korean Oil Cleansers For Acne
The Camelia Olive oil cleanser by Wandering Seoul is a budget friendly skincare product that is an internet best seller. This wonder in a small bottle is completely safe to use as it is free of harmful chemicals and preservatives.
- Infused with Camellia Oil, Olive oil, Bergamot
- Lightweight and easy to absorb
- Chock full of vitamins and omega fatty acids to nourish the skin
- Contains antioxidants and is an antiageing solution
- Non-comodogenic, does not clog the pores
- Vegan and cruelty free
- Free from parabens, sulphates, mineral oils, dyes and fragrance
- Deeply cleanses
- Removes dirt and Impurities
- Safe to use
Hanskin Pore Cleansing Oil
Top Korean Oil Cleansers For Acne-prone Skin
Hanskin Pore Cleansing Oil is a cleanser cum mild exfoliator which is super effective in clearing out the pores of impurities, removing dead skin cells and getting rid of blackheads. It also brings down the occurrence of acne and breakouts, and maintains the pH level of the skin
- Infused with Tea tree oil, olive oil, grape seed oil, jojoba oil, aloevera
- Exfoliates while cleansing
- Removes blackheads
- Balances the PH level of the skin
- Heals and soothes redness of the skin
- Anti-bacterial properties keep acne at bay
- Moisturises skin and keeps it hydrated all day long
- Best for acne prone skin and for healing skin conditions
Neogen Dermalogy Real Cica Micellar Cleansing Oil
Top Korean Oil Cleansers For Dry Skin
Micellar has caused quite the stir in the skincare industry with more cosmetologists recommending it. Neogen Dermalogy Real Cica Micellar Cleansing oil is a light weight solution that has the properties of cleansing as well as toning the skin and is a perfect makeup remover.
- Infused with Centella Asiatica extract, Madecassoside
- Effectively removes dirt and makeup
- A good toner
- Keeps the skin moisturised
- Very quick, saves time
- Light and easy to wash away
- Balances the pH level of the skin
- Cleans and tones the skin
- Keeps skin moisturised
- Maintains pH level of the skin
Why Should You Choose A Korean Cleansing Oil?
Korean cleansing oil cleanses your skin thoroughly while maintaining the natural sebum production of your skin. It dissolves the oils in your face and has a hydrating and moisturizing effect on your skin. Korean oil cleansers are formulated to gently remove dirt and grime that is trapped in your skin and pores. Korean oil cleansers are also formulated to remove dead skin cells and bacteria to reveal brighter skin. Korean oil cleansers, unlike other oil cleansers, aren’t harsh on your skin. It is formulated to restore the balance between natural pH levels and oils of your skin.
Which is the best Korean oil cleanser?
The best Korean oil cleanser for sensitive skin is the Dear Klairs, Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil. The best Korean oil cleanser for dry skin is the Innisfree Apple Seed Cleansing Oil. The best Korean oil cleanser for oily skin is the Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil. The best Korean oil cleanser for acne-prone skin is the Missha Super Off Cleansing Oil.
Are oil cleansers safe?
Oil cleansers are safe to use as they formulated with essential oils that are safe and gentle on the skin. These oils don’t contain any ingredients that are harsh and are plant-based. Since there are no chemicals present in the oil, these oils don’t disturb the pH balance of the skin.
How to use Korean oil cleansers?
Follow these steps to get the best out of your Korean oil cleanser:
- Take a few drops and dot your dry face all over with the oil cleanser
- Massage the oil with your fingertips gently to loosen the makeup, dirt and grime
- Use a bit more oil or a few drops of water if your skin absorbs it and it gets dry
- Rinse with plain cool water
- Follow up with a face wash or foaming cleanser
Your skin is now ready to absorb the next part of your skincare routine, which is a toner, serum and moisturiser.
Are Korean oil cleansers good?
Korean oil cleansers are of excellent quality as they use ingredients like almond oil, sunflower oil and apricot oil that are the best-known oils for massages. These are absorbed into the skin quickly, don’t clog the pores and are full of vitamins occurring naturally.