The secret to dewy skin is intense hydration. How can you get that? Use the best Korean emulsion for your skin type and you’ll soon start noticing the difference!
What is an emulsion?
An emulsion is like a light moisturizer but has a more watery consistency. Depending on the purpose of the emulsion, it is formulated to be used either before the serum in order to enable the skin to absorb the serum, or after the serum to lock in all the goodness of the skincare products you have used.
Which is the best Korean emulsion?
I tested several Korean emulsions to find the best. I tested them based on hydrating power, application, and ingredients. I found that Etude House Moistfull Collagen Emulsion is the best Korean emulsion.
Etude House Moistfull Collagen Emulsion has a gentle, non-irritant formula which is free of mineral oils. This Korean emulsion is great for most skin types including aging skin. It has a light and watery formula that hydrates the skin. The formulation of Etude House Moistfull Collagen Emulsion contains hydrolyzed collagen water and baobab water that moisturizes the skin and make it soft and supple. It is available on Amazon for $15.00 for a bottle of 180 ml.
How to use an emulsion?
Does emulsion work for all skin types?
Like all skincare products, there are different types of emulsions formulated for different skin types. Emulsions are mostly water-based and very light, so these are very gentle on the skin. Emulsions are especially a good option for those with very sensitive skin or acne–prone skin as they don’t irritate the skin or clog the pores.
Top Korean Emulsion
|Best Korean Emulsion||Best For||Price|
|SoonJung 10 Free Moist Emulsion||Skin Repair||$11.34|
|ETUDE HOUSE MOISTFULL COLLAGEN EMULSION||Mature Skin||$18.10|
|Rice & Ceramide Moisturizing Facial Emulsion||Exfoliation||$13.51|
|Laneige Essential Balancing Emulsion||Moisturisation||$23.97|
|MIZON Collagen Power Lifting Emulsion||Anti-Wrinkle||$18.89|
|Nature Republic Snail Solution Emulsion||Anti-Ageing & Skin Repair||$25.00|
|Sulwhasoo Essential Balancing Emulsion||Rough skin||$25.00|
|It’S SKIN Collagen Nutrition Emulsion||Firming the Skin||$16.99|
|Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Watery Emulsion||Oily Skin||$16.49|
|THE FACE SHOP The Therapy Hydrating Formula Emulsion||Anti-Ageing||$15.92|
SoonJung 10 Free Moist Emulsion
Best Korean Emulsion for Skin Repair
Sensitive skin always has to deal with rashes, redness, and irritation, even from the most harmless-looking skincare products. Etude House’s SoonJung 10 Free Moist Emulsion is just the one you need to try if you struggle with sensitive skin.
The lightweight formula hydrates the skin while it cools it down and encourages it to repair and heal itself.
- Contains Panthenol and Madecassoside as the active ingredients
- These ingredients heal damaged skin
- Cools the skin and helps calm irritation
- Light in consistency and spreads easily
- Hypoallergenic formula
- Very mild and safe on sensitive skin
- Can be used for skin repair and healing
ETUDE HOUSE MOISTFULL COLLAGEN EMULSION
Best Korean Emulsion for Mature Skin
You and I, both wish that our skin would stop ageing and stay plump, elastic and youthful. The culprit behind skin drying up and sagging is the breaking down of collagen. Etude House’s Moistfull Collagen Emulsion infuses the moisture from hydrolysed collagen and Baobab water to turn back time.
- Contains hydrolyzed collagen water and Baobab water as the active ingredients
- They moisturize the skin and leave it plump and bouncy
- Very light and watery formula
- Smoothly glides across the skin
- Gentle formula, non-irritant
- Free of mineral oil
- Has a light fragrance
- Lightly hydrating
- Very little is required, gets absorbed quickly
- Value for money
Rice & Ceramide Moisturizing Facial Emulsion
Best Korean Emulsion for Exfoliation
The key to brighter looking skin, every single day, is exfoliation. And what’s of utmost importance, is using the right exfoliator- one that is gentle, yet does the job.
Rice & Ceramide Moisturising Facial Emulsion by The Face Shop is just the right product as it not only exfoliates but also does the primary work of a lightweight emulsion – that is, hydrating the skin.
- Contains ceramides as the active ingredient
- Hydrates the skin and keeps it well moisturised
- Rice extract is another ingredient in the emulsion
- It gently exfoliates the skin
- Makes the skin brighter and softer
- Contains Lecithin which smoothens the skin and hydrates it
- Has antioxidants that protect the skin from environmental damage and ageing
- A light moisturiser which brightens the skin
Laneige Essential Balancing Emulsion
Best Korean Emulsion for Moisturisation
One of the most popular K-beauty products brands, Laneige brings us a lightweight emulsion, the Essential Balancing Emulsion, a great addition to your skincare regime for keeping your skin hydrated, soft, and smooth.
Made from hydro-ion mineral water, this delicate moisturizer is ideal for all types of skin. Use it as it is on oily skin, and for dry skin, use it over a heavier cream or moisturizer to lock in the goodness.
- Made from hydro-ion mineral water
- Derived from plant based minerals
- Extracted from quinoa
- Moisturises the skin
- Has a lightweight texture that is easily absorbed by the skin
- Smoothes and softens the texture of the skin
- Suitable for all types of skin
Mizon Collagen Power Lifting Emulsion
Best Korean Emulsion for Anti-Wrinkles
Age may not be kind, the environment may not be forgiving, but Mizon’s Collagen Power Lifting Emulsion is there every step of the way to tighten your skin, lift your wrinkles and make your skin softer, smoother and plumper. The collagen that is pumped into your skin, along with the hyaluronic acid, bring back its youthfulness.
- Contains functional collagen and raspberry extract as the primary ingredient
- Collagen makes the skin plumper, tightens it and gets rid of wrinkles
- Increases the elasticity of the skin
- Raspberry extracts act as antioxidants
- Keeps the skin away from free radical damage
- Also contains adenosine and hyaluronic acid
- Moisturises the skin and locks in the hydration
- Makes skin bouncier
- Watery formula that is smooth and easy to be absorbed
- Improves the elasticity of the skin and keeps away wrinkles
Nature Republic Snail Solution Emulsion
Best Korean Emulsion for Anti-Ageing & Skin Repair
If you have been following the trends in the K-beauty industry, then you are not unfamiliar with snail mucin. One of the most unique ingredients that has all the potential to repair your skin, hydrate it, and keep ageing at bay, this is used widely by Korean women. The Snail Solution Emulsion by Nature Republic contains 80% snail mucin, to give you the best results, quickly.
- Contains 80% pure snail mucin as the main and active ingredient
- Reduces irritation of the skin, redness and rashes
- Stimulates cell regeneration and skin repair
- Also contains hyaluronic acid
- Hydrates the skin and locks in the moisture
- Smoothens the skin texture and helps fade dark spots and scars
- An effective anti-ageing and skin repair emulsion
Sulwhasoo Essential Balancing Emulsion
Best Korean Emulsion for Rough Skin
The Sulwhasoo Essential Balancing Emulsion is a unique formula of Korean medicinal herbs that stimulates blood circulation to keep your skin radiant and glowing. It balances the moisture levels in the skin and nourishes it to keep it healthy.
- Contains a blend of Korean medicinal herbs as the active ingredient
- Encourages blood circulation
- Nourishes the skin and moisturizes deeply
- Contains extracts of mountain Peony
- Softens the skin and smoothens the texture
- Lightweight, silky-smooth formula
- Spreads easily
- Gets absorbed very quickly
- Has a mild and refreshing fragrance
- Gives the skin a radiant, honey dew glow
It’s Skin Collagen Nutrition Emulsion
Best Korean Emulsion for Firming the Skin
It all comes down to collagen at the end of the day. Right from plump and bouncy skin to skin that is free of wrinkles, collagen is what we need. The Collagen Nutrition Emulsion by It’s Skin contains marine collagen that is infused into the skin to moisturise it and revive its youth.
- Contains marine collagen as the main ingredient
- Increases elasticity of the skin
- Makes skin bouncier and plumper
- Also contains extracts of Saussurea laniceps
- Moisturises and cleanses the skin
- Malt extracts and Bearberry extracts contained infuse the skin with amino acids
- Strengthens the skin and nourishes it
- Revitalises the skin and makes it more supple
Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Watery Emulsion
Best Korean Emulsion for Oily Skin
With Nature Republic’s wide range of skin care products, especially the long list of emulsions, formulated for every type of skin and for every issue you may want to address, you shouldn’t be surprised that I have one more on the list. The Super Aqua Max Watery Emulsion maintains the natural hydration of your skin by locking it in.
- Has a light watery texture
- Moisturises the skin without clogging the pores
- Maintains the balance of the natural oils and moisture produced by the skin
- Nourishes the skin
- Makes the skin more radiant
- An ideal emulsion for combination and oily skin
- Not suitable for very dry skin
THE FACE SHOP The Therapy Hydrating Formula Emulsion
Best Korean Emulsion for Anti-Ageing
The Therapy Hydrating Formula Emulsion is lightweight, water based and chock full of ingredients that are nourishing for your skin. Just like true therapy, this emulsion hydrates, soothes the skin and rejuvenates it.
- Contains a blend of honey extracts, oats, lavender extracts, basil oil and wild rose extracts as the active ingredient
- Honey extracts brighten the skin, fade scars and dark spots
- Oats extracts polish the skin and soften it
- Basil oil and wild rose extracts smoothen the complexion
- Deeply moisturises and keeps away environmental damage
- Intensely moisturising for mature skin