Korean gel sunscreens are lightweight and absorb quickly which makes it perfect for most skin types, especially oily skin type. Here’s the tried and tested best Korean gel sunscreen for you!
Sunscreen is something every dermatologist stresses that you wear, and I agree. But if you have oily skin, regular sunscreens can cause a lot of issues.
Sunscreen can come in many forms – lotions, creams, mousse, stick, spray, gel and more. These are vehicles for the actual SPF and you can choose what “vehicle” you want depending on your need, skin type and convenience.
Gel sunscreens contain SPF in the form of a gel, as you can guess from the name. Gels are bouncier and lighter when compared to creams or lotions.
Best Korean Gel Sunscreen: Quick Summary
|Best Korean Gel Sunscreen
|SPF / PA Rating
|MAKEP:REM UV Defense Me Blue Ray Sun Gel
|OIly, acne, Combination, Dry, and Mature skin
|SPF50+ PA ++++
|IPKN Lite Daily Sun Gel
|Biore Uv Aqua Rich Watery Gel
|Julep No Excuses Invisible Facial Sunscreen Gel
The sunscreen creams and lotions available in the market are so greasy and sticky, some leave a white cast and most make the skin so oily that it isn’t something that we desire much. It’s even worse for oily or acne-prone skin because they might end up clogging the pores and cause more breakouts.
This is where Korean Gel sunscreens are a huge boon! Korean gel sunscreens have a gel-like consistency that is light on the skin and solves all of those issues I mentioned earlier.
How we tested the best Korean gel sunscreen?
Our team of skincare experts at Best Korean Products tested and rated the Korean gel sunscreens based on 5 parameters:
- UV protection power
- Skin sensitivity
After rating the selected Korean gel sunscreens based on these parameters, we found that IPKN Lite Daily Sun Gel is the best Korean gel sunscreen.
Which is the best Korean gel sunscreen?
Based on our tests and ratings we found that IPKN Lite Daily Sun Gel is the best Korean gel sunscreen. And here’s why:
IPKN Lite Daily Sun Gel Korean gel sunscreen offers SPF50+ and PA++++, proving maximum sun protection from both UVA and UVB rays. The lightweight formula of this Korean gel sunscreen is easy on the skin and absorbs quickly. IPKN Lite Daily Sun Gel is formulated with skin nourishing ingredients. After application, this Korean gel sunscreen leaves the skin hydrated, nourished, and smooth.
Table of Contents
Top Korean Gel Sunscreen 2023
How to Choose a Korean Gel Sunscreen: Factors to Consider
Selecting the right sunscreen is essential for your skin’s health and appearance. When it comes to Korean gel sunscreens, consider these factors:
- SPF Level: Choose a gel sunscreen with SPF (Sun Protection Factor) appropriate for your daily activities. SPF 30 or higher is generally recommended for daily use.
- Broad-Spectrum Protection: Ensure the sunscreen provides both UVA and UVB protection to shield your skin from a range of harmful rays.
- Skin Type: Consider your skin type. Gel sunscreens are excellent for oily and combination skin due to their lightweight texture. If you have dry skin, look for gel sunscreens with added moisturizing ingredients.
- Ingredients: Examine the ingredient list for beneficial components like antioxidants (e.g., vitamin C), soothing agents (e.g., aloe vera), and non-comedogenic ingredients for acne-prone skin.
- Water Resistance: If you’ll be swimming or sweating, opt for a gel sunscreen labeled as water-resistant for added protection.
- Texture and Finish: Gel sunscreens are known for their matte finish, making them ideal for those who prefer a non-greasy feel. However, some can leave a white cast, so test before committing.
- Fragrance: Consider whether you prefer a fragrance-free product or one with a pleasant scent, as some gel sunscreens come with fragrances.
- Brand Reputation: Research the reputation of the brand and read reviews to ensure quality and effectiveness.
What Are Benefits of Korean Gel Sunscreen for Oily Skin
Korean gel sunscreens offer several benefits for oily skin:
- Lightweight Texture: Gel sunscreens are typically lighter than cream-based ones, making them ideal for oily skin. They absorb quickly and don’t feel heavy or greasy.
- Matte Finish: Gel sunscreens often leave a matte finish, helping to control excess shine and give your skin a smoother appearance.
- Non-Comedogenic: Many Korean gel sunscreens are non-comedogenic, which means they are less likely to clog pores and cause breakouts.
- High SPF: Korean skincare products often feature high SPF levels, providing excellent protection against UV damage.
- Added Skin Benefits: Some Korean gel sunscreens contain additional skincare ingredients like hyaluronic acid or botanical extracts, offering hydration and other skincare benefits.
How to Apply Gel Sunscreen for Better Results
For optimal results with gel sunscreen:
- Apply Generously: Use enough product to cover your entire face and neck adequately. Most experts recommend a quarter-sized amount for the face alone.
- Reapply: Reapply sunscreen every two hours, or more often if swimming or sweating. Don’t forget to reapply after towel drying.
- Layering: Apply sunscreen as the final step in your skincare routine, after moisturizer but before makeup.
- Even Coverage: Ensure even coverage by spreading the sunscreen evenly and blending it into your skin.
- Neck and Ears: Don’t neglect your neck, ears, and other often-overlooked areas when applying sunscreen.
- Wait Before Sun Exposure: Allow the sunscreen to fully absorb into your skin before heading out into the sun.
Gel Vs Cream Sunscreens: Differences and Which Is Better for Your Skin Type
- Lightweight texture, ideal for oily and combination skin.
- Absorbs quickly, leaving a matte finish.
- Often non-comedogenic, reducing the risk of breakouts.
- May contain hydrating ingredients.
- Suitable for hot and humid climates.
- Thicker texture, better for dry and sensitive skin.
- May leave a slightly dewy finish.
- Some cream sunscreens are formulated with moisturizing components.
- Ideal for colder or drier weather.
- Can be suitable for those with normal to dry skin types.
Ultimately, the choice between gel and cream sunscreen depends on your skin type and personal preferences. For oily skin, gel sunscreens are generally a better choice due to their lightweight, non-greasy texture. If you have dry or sensitive skin, a cream sunscreen may provide the extra moisture and barrier your skin needs.
ISNTREE Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel
The ISNTREE Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel has become a staple in my daily skincare routine. As someone who values sun protection and hydration, this product ticks all the right boxes.
One of the standout features of this sun gel is its lightweight and watery texture. It glides on effortlessly and absorbs quickly into the skin, leaving behind no sticky or greasy residue. This makes it a fantastic option for those with oily or combination skin like mine. It feels like a breath of fresh air, especially on hot and humid days.
The inclusion of hyaluronic acid is a game-changer. It provides an added layer of hydration, leaving my skin feeling plump and refreshed. Plus, it works well as a makeup primer, creating a smooth canvas for my foundation.
The sun protection factor (SPF) of 50+ PA++++ ensures I’m shielded from harmful UV rays, and I’ve noticed a significant reduction in sunburn and sunspots since using it. However, like with any sunscreen, reapplication is essential, especially during extended sun exposure.
While there’s a lot to love about this product, the fragrance can be a bit strong for those sensitive to scents. Nonetheless, it dissipates fairly quickly after application.
In summary, the ISNTREE Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel is a game-changer for anyone seeking lightweight sun protection with added hydration. Its texture, high SPF, and skin-loving ingredients make it a must-have for my daily skincare routine.
- Lightweight and watery texture
- Quick absorption, non-greasy
- Hyaluronic acid adds hydration
- High SPF for effective sun protection
- Doubles as a makeup primer
- Strong fragrance for those sensitive to scents
- Requires reapplication for extended sun exposure
- Ingredients: 8.5/10
- Efficacy: 9.5/10
- Affordability: 8/10
- Related: Best Korean UV Protection
- Related: Best Korean Zinc Sunscreens
- Related: Best Korean Sunscreen for Body
Best Korean Gel Sunscreen for Oily and Acne-prone Skin
I recently incorporated the MAKEP:REM UV Defense Me Blue Ray Sun Gel into my daily skincare routine, and it has quickly become a must-have product in my collection. As someone who values effective sun protection and overall skin health, this sunscreen gel has been a game-changer.
What immediately stands out about this sun gel is its unique formula designed to combat the harmful effects of blue light, in addition to UV rays. In our increasingly digital world, this added protection feels essential. The gel is incredibly lightweight and absorbs quickly into the skin, making it a breeze to apply every morning.
I have combination skin, and this sunscreen’s non-greasy finish is a dream come true. It leaves no residue, making it ideal for use under makeup. The absence of a white cast is also a huge plus, as it can be challenging to find sunscreens that don’t leave a noticeable film on the skin.
The high SPF level of 50+ PA++++ ensures that I’m well-protected from the sun’s damaging rays, and I’ve noticed a reduction in sunburn and skin discoloration since incorporating it into my routine.
However, the one drawback I’ve found is that it can be slightly drying for those with dry or sensitive skin. To counter this, I recommend applying a good moisturizer underneath.
In summary, the MAKEP:REM UV Defense Me Blue Ray Sun Gel is a top-notch sunscreen for those seeking comprehensive protection against UV and blue light. Its lightweight, non-greasy texture and high SPF level make it a fantastic addition to any skincare routine.
- Offers protection against UV and blue light
- Lightweight and fast-absorbing gel
- Non-greasy, suitable for all skin types
- High SPF for effective sun protection
- No white cast, ideal for daily use and under makeup
- May be slightly drying for dry or sensitive skin
- Ingredients: 9.5/10
- Efficacy: 9/10
- Affordability: 7/10
Related: Can’t find the right sunscreen for oily skin? Here’s the best Korean sunscreen for oily skin
IPKN Lite Daily Sun Gel
Best Korean Gel Sunscreen for Combination Skin
As someone who prioritizes sun protection and looks for products that are lightweight and comfortable on the skin, this sunscreen gel ticks all the right boxes.
What immediately caught my attention is its “lite” formulation. The sun gel is incredibly lightweight and glides onto the skin effortlessly. It absorbs quickly without leaving any greasy or sticky residue, which is a huge plus for me, especially in humid weather.
The texture is perfect for daily wear, and it works wonderfully as a base for makeup. I appreciate that it doesn’t interfere with my makeup application and doesn’t cause any pilling throughout the day.
The sun protection factor (SPF) of 50+ PA+++ provides me with the confidence that my skin is shielded from harmful UV rays. I’ve noticed a visible reduction in sunburn and skin discoloration since incorporating this sunscreen into my routine.
However, it’s important to note that this sunscreen does have a slight fragrance. While it’s not overpowering, those sensitive to fragrances might want to do a patch test before using it all over the face.
In summary, the IPKN Lite Daily Sun Gel is an excellent option for those seeking effective sun protection without the heavy feel of traditional sunscreens. Its lightweight texture, high SPF, and compatibility with makeup make it a go-to product for my daily skincare regimen.
- Lightweight and easy to apply
- Absorbs quickly without residue
- Works well as a makeup base
- High SPF for strong sun protection
- Visible reduction in sunburn and discoloration
- Slight fragrance that might not be suitable for fragrance-sensitive individuals
- Results may vary for different skin types
Related: Dry skin? Check out these Korean sunscreens for dry skin to find your pick!
Biore Uv Aqua Rich Watery Gel
Best Korean Gel Sunscreen for Oily Skin
The Biore Uv Aqua Rich Watery Gel is a wonderfully hydrating sunscreen, ideal for oily and acne prone skin. This is also something you should choose if you swim, exercise or spend a lot of times outdoors sweating profusely, as it is water resistant for upto 80 minutes.
This sunscreen contains hyaluronic acid, royal jelly extract and purpuru water capsules as their primary ingredients. These ingredients moisturise the skin and keep the skin well hydrated all day long.
This has a consistency that is easy to spread, feels super light on the skin and gets absorbed in a jiffy, so none of that thick white cast that many sunscreens leave.
It is safe for sensitive and acne-prone skin as this does not contain added colors and is non-comedogenic.
Biore has an APF rating of 50+ and a PA++++ for good protection from the sun.
Check out the best Korean gel sunscreen by Biore below!
Julep No Excuses Invisible Facial Sunscreen Gel
Best Korean Gel Sunscreen for Face
One of the most annoying things you need to deal with if you have oily skin is the layering of the moisturiser plus the sunscreen. Julep gets rid of that with a moisturising sunscreen with the No Excuses Invisible Facial Sunscreen Gel.
This sunscreen contains and SPF of 40 for sun protection, along with ingredients like rosehip seed oil, melon extract, camelia seed oil and Jeju island love plant.
These ingredients hydrate and moisturise the skin, form a protective barrier, contain antioxidants to fight signs of ageing, and even encourage the production of collagen.
As a result, you have a product that takes care of your skin end to end!
Check out the best Korean gel sunscreen by Julep below!
In conclusion, the world of Korean gel sunscreens offers a diverse array of products designed to cater to a wide range of skincare needs. Through our exploration of the best Korean gel sunscreens, we’ve uncovered a selection of top-notch options, each with its unique set of benefits.
These sunscreens have demonstrated a commitment to not only providing effective protection against harmful UV rays but also enhancing the overall skincare experience. From lightweight, non-greasy formulations to innovative ingredients like snail mucin and herbal extracts, these products showcase the dedication of Korean skincare brands to delivering both sun protection and skincare benefits.
Ultimately, the “best” gel sunscreen for you will depend on your specific skin type, preferences, and requirements. Whether you’re searching for a sunscreen that works seamlessly under makeup, one that combats excess oil, or a gentle option for sensitive skin, the Korean beauty industry has something to offer.
We encourage you to consider your unique needs and experiment with different products to find the perfect Korean gel sunscreen that suits your skin and lifestyle. Remember that consistent sun protection is a vital component of any skincare routine, and these Korean gel sunscreens provide an excellent avenue to achieve both radiant skin and sun safety.
Why You Should Trust BestKoreanProducts?
All our editors including the author of this article, Jih Yun do extensive research on the products reviewed and recommended in the article. We also use these products ourself to give you accurate, first hand information without any prejudice or bias. BestKoreanproducts has also got a team of medical reviewers and skincare experts to help give accurate advice and provide research-based facts concerning a product, its formulation or ingredients.
Related: Are Korean Sunscreens Safe?
My goal is to showcase the creativity and awesomeness of Korea and Korean products. I’m the head writer at bestkoreanproducts.com!
IPKN Lite Daily Sun Gel
Check out the best Korean gel sunscreen below. Our favorite is the IPKN Lite Daily Sun Gel. Read the detailed reviews of top Korean gel sunscreens here!
Product SKU: 99855566JHJ4441144
Product Brand: IPKN
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 20.45
Price Valid Until: 2025-05-02
Product In-Stock: InStock