Even oily skin-type requires moisturizing! Check out these Top Korean Moisturizer for Oily Skin type below and pick the best one for you!
If you have oily skin, you probably think it’s best to skip the moisturizer. I mean, you certainly don’t want more moisture and oil on your skin than it is already producing, right? That’s where we go wrong.
Oily skin needs to be moisturized the way any other skin type needs it. But, it needs to be the right kind of moisturizer.
Best Korean Moisturizer For Oily Skin
COSRX Hydrium Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream
The first one on this list of best Korean moisturizer for oily skin is the COSRX Hydrium Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream. This formula is designed to hydrate, soothe, and cool your skin.
The green tea and aloe vera extracts in the formula provide anti-oxidizing benefits to the skin. It also reduces irritation and redness that is common with oily skin that is prone to acne. It has a gel-like consistency which is great for oily skin. This is a light weight moisturizer that absorbs quickly but leaves the skin deeply hydrated – thanks to the hyaluronic acid content in the moisturizer!
- Formulated with green tea extracts and aloe vera extracts
- Rich in anti oxidants
- Hydrates, cools, and soothes the skin
- Reduces redness and inflammation
- Gel-like consistency
- Absorbs quickly
- Lightweight formula
- Suits most skin types
- Lightweight formula that doesn’t clog pores
- Formula refreshes oily skin
- Great moisturizer for summer since it has a cooling effect
Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream
The next one on this list of top Korean moisturizer for oily skin is the Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream. What your oily skin needs is a light, water-based moisturizer that hydrates without the grease. Laniege Water Bank Moisture Cream is one of the best your skin can get with its high water content that keeps your skin hydrated all day long
- Water-based and intensely moisturizing formula
- Lightweight cream that spreads with ease
- Quick absorption
- Suitable for oily skin as it hydrates intensely without building up oil on the skin
- Keeps the skin luminous, supple and plump
- Superb hydration, requiring only one application a day
- It’s quite expensive when compared to the other brands. The other downside is the presence of alcohol in it which might not suit you if you have sensitive skin
Mamonde Floral Moisture Cream
Imagine some light and lovely rose and hibiscus petals caressing your skin… that’s how this top Korean Moisturizer for Oily Skin, Mamonde Floral Moisture Cream feels. It is so light, yet creamy enough to offer just the right amount of moisture for your oily skin, and with a lovely scent.
- Contains ceramides as the primary ingredient that give your skin enough hydration
- Has extracts of hibiscus to act as a barrier, protecting your skin from environmental damage
- It locks in moisture and keeps the skin well hydrated all day long
- Has a creamy texture which might seem heavy but it’s not. It gets absorbed quickly and is light on the skin
- Has a mild fragrance that is pleasing
- It gives the skin a glowing, honey dew appearance
Cremorlab Fresh Water Gel
Give your skin the glow it deserves with the water-based Cremorlab Fresh Water Gel. One of the top Korean moisturizer for oily skin, this one has gel consistency that soothes the skin and moisturizes it, making it gorgeously radiant.
- Made with a base of fresh water droplets that makes the skin plump with hydration
- The other active ingredient is Bulgarian Rose Oil that soothes the skin and brings down any inflammation or redness
- Contains Alive Minerals which protect the skin from environmental damage
- Has extracts of green tea, algae and witch hazel to moisturize, protect and nourish the skin
- Has a gel-like consistency that makes it light and easy for the skin to absorb
- Free of parabens, mineral oils, artificial fragrances and artificial colours, making this safe for sensitive and allergy-prone skin
- A hypoallergenic cream that is very safe for sensitive skin
Mizon All in One Snail Repair Cream
Snail mucus can work wonders on your skin, right from healing and repairing it to making it tighter, giving you younger looking skin. Mizon’s All in One Snail Repair Cream is just what your oily skin needs for all-round skin care. Definitely one of the top Korean moisturizer for oily skin!
- Contains 92% pure snail mucus extract as the active ingredient
- Snail mucus has been proven to repair skin and regenerate cells
- Tightens the skin, reduces the appearance of wrinkles, lightens acne and pimple scars, dark spots and blemishes
- Encourages the production of collagen, making skin more elastic
- The cream is light and very little goes a long way
- It moisturizes the skin and keeps it supple and healthy
- Skin feels and appears smoother, brighter and younger
- An effective all in one moisturizer and skin care cream for all types of skin
ETUDE HOUSE Moistfull Collagen Cream
What is that miracle element that you need to keep looking young? You got it right, it’s Collagen. As we age, collagen breaks down and causes our skin to sag and get wrinkly. The K-beauty brand, Etude House gives us the Moistfull Collagen Cream that takes care of this by putting collagen back into your skin to keep you looking young. Check out this top Korean moisturizer for oily skin below!
- Contains hydrolyzed collagen or collagen water as its primary ingredient
- This is light and gets absorbed by the skin as soon as you apply it
- The collagen water hydrates the skin, makes it bouncy and more elastic
- Also contains White Lupin protein that strengthens the skin, moisturizes it and keeps the skin protected from damage
- Just one application per day is enough as it keeps your skin hydrated for as long as 100 hours
belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb
One of the biggest worries of oily skin is the possibility of acne and breakouts. This is caused because of the pores clogging up with heavy creams and excess sebum. Get rid of this with a super light, yet intensely hydrating top Korean moisturizer for oily skin like belif’s The True Cream Aqua Bomb. With 70% hydration levels, you don’t have to look elsewhere for something better.
- Contains hydration levels of 70% that infuse the skin with enough moisture
- Has the extracts of Lady Mantel herb that is an amazing moisturizer for the skin
- The herb has antioxidant properties that fight free radical damage and keep the skin healthy
- Has a gel consistency that gets absorbed in a jiffy
- A lightweight hydrating moisturizer that does not clog the pores
TONYMOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream
Green Tea has immense benefits for your skin, whether you drink it or apply it on your skin topically. That having said, the fermented green tea, cultivated over a year through the four seasons in the form of TONYMOLY’s The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream lends your skin nourishment, antioxidants, and the health it truly deserves. You definitely have to give this top Korean moisturizer for oily skin a try!
- Contains fermented green tea extracts that have potent antioxidant properties
- It fights away free radical damage and act as an anti-ageing element for the skin
- Green tea also acts as an anti-bacterial, keeping away acne
- It’s soothing and anti-inflammatory properties calm the skin and bring down rashes or redness
- Moisturises the skin well
- Refreshes the skin while moisturizing it
BENTON Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel Moisturizer
A beautiful blend of aloe and propolis is what your skin needs to keep it protected from environmental damage, while also moisturizing it and soothing it. Try this top Korean moisturizer for oily skin, BENTON Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel, for a cost-effective solution for hydrating your skin
- Contains 80% aloe ingredients that soothe the skin, keep away inflammations and help heal rashes
- Aloe is a good moisturizer for oily skin as it hydrates without the grease
- Propolis is an antioxidant that protects the skin and fights damage
- The gel consistency makes it easy to spread and for the skin to absorb
- Skin feels healthier and the occurrence of acne is reduced
- Affordable price
Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Moisturizer
Nature Republic Super Aqua Max is the refreshing ocean in a jar, enriching your skin with all the goodness of ocean extracts to nourish it and keep it supple. Check out this top Korean moisturizer for oily skin below!
- Made from Kona deep sea water that hydrates the skin
- Contains plant nutrients, ocean extracts, magnesium and calcium to strengthen the skin, supply it with plenty of antioxidants and protect it from external damage
- Has liquorice and portulaca oleracea extracts that tighten the skin
- The cream is light in texture and gentle on the skin
- Free of heavy metals and pollutants that can cause the skin damage
- Suitable for sensitive skin
Why is moisturizing oily skin important?
Oily skin can produce excess sebum, if it is not controlled. The top Korean moisturizer for oily skin controls excess oil production in the skin. Apart from this, it also comes loaded with a lot of other ingredients that nourish the skin and keep it youthful and healthy.
So, let’s dive in for the top Korean moisturizer for oily skin:
Best Korean Moisturizer for Oily Skin
|Top Korean Moisturizer For Oily Skin||Key Ingredients||Price|
|COSRX Hydrium Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream||Vitamin B5, Hyaluronic acid, Allantoin||$19.94|
|Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream||Salicornia Herbacea Extract|
Ascorbyl Glucoside, Salicornia Herbacea Extract
|Mamonde Floral Moisture Cream||Ceramides, Hibicus extracts||$35.00|
|Cremorlab Fresh Water Gel||Bulgarian rose oil, T.E.N Water, and Vitamins A, C, B1 and B2||$46.90|
|Mizon All in One Snail Repair Cream||92% Snail Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Copper Peptides||$21.89|
|ETUDE HOUSE Moistfull Collagen Cream||Hydrolyzed Collagen, macadamia seed oil||$17.56|
|belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb||Lady’s Mantle (Alchemilla Vulgaris), Ceramide 3, Glycerin||$38.00|
|TONYMOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream||Pure Fermented Green Tea Extract, Lemon Seed Oil, Rosewood Oil||$24.50|
|BENTON Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel||Green tea Extract, Aloe vera juice extract, Cucumber extracts, Purslane Extract,||$16.00|
|Nature Republic Super Aqua Max||Purslane Extract, Glasswort Extract, Squalene,||$15.45|
Our Best Picks for Top Korean Moisturizer For Oily Skin
- Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream – Get it here!
- Mizon All in One Snail Repair Cream – Get it here!
- ETUDE HOUSE Moistfull Collagen Cream – Get it here!
Which is the best Korean moisturizer for oily skin?
Using the right moisturizer for oily skin is extremely important in order to prevent clogging of pores and breakout. Etude House Moistfull Collagen cream is specially formulated for oily skin and is the best Korean moisturizer for oily skin.
ETUDE HOUSE Moistfull Collagen Cream is formulated with collagen. It has a light formula which is great for oily skin. It also improves skin’s elasticity and hydrates the skin. This makes sure that the skin’s oil glands do not over work.
Here are some more Korean moisturizers for oily skin:
- Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream
- Mamonde Floral Moisture Cream
- Cremorlab Fresh Water Gel
- Mizon All in One Snail Repair Cream
- ETUDE HOUSE Moistfull Collagen Cream
- Bella Terra BB Cream Tinted Moisturizer
- belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb
- Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel
How to choose the best Korean moisturizer for oily skin?
Oily skin requires a light, oil-free, water-based moisturizer. Choose a Korean moisturizer for oily skin that replenishes the hydration of your skin and brings back the normal pH levels. A gel-based moisturizer will also soothe your skin, bring down inflammation, and clear your complexion while controlling the sebum produced by your skin.
- Keep acne at bay with these top Korean serum for acne prone skin
- Finding the right toner for sensitive skin can be a task. Check out these best Korean toners for sensitive skin here!
- Here is all the Korean skincare you need in your arsenal to battle with acne!
My goal is to showcase the creativity and awesomeness of Korea and Korean products. I’m the head writer at bestkoreanproducts.com!